Chapter 54: That Day

The three books that Eren had found in his families basement told the entire story of Grisha's life when he was born and raised, it told the story from when he was a child and all the crap he experienced beyond the walls of another place that didn't really treat people right if they weren't the same as them.

As a child, Grisha and his younger sister faced constant bullying by those who saw it fit to do so, not only that though but the truth of the world soon surfaced for young Grisha at the time of how cruel it could be. It was the same day that he and his sister decided to try and get a look at the airship that the town had.

But it didn't take long for someone to notice them, two officers who seemed to be on break had been sitting a few feet away. When asked both got a bit scared due to the treatment they might go through but still, Grisha tried to be brave and answered, though when they were asked for a permit it was clear that they didn't.

Scared of what they would go through Grisha quickly put all the blame on him, so while he was getting the beatings his sister was dragged off by the other officer honestly that wouldn't go well either considering by the time he got back home his sister was no longer there, sadly the next day her little body was found by the river and the same officers came to inform the family.

Grisha knew that the Marlyen solider before him was lying through his teeth about what had happened, hatred began to grow within him as he stood there in complete shock, how could this happen? Why was all this even happening? Just what do they have to atone for if all that happened was so long ago? Why was the hatred from several centuries ago still this strong? Why?

Not long after that though Grisha's father began telling him the story of Ymir and what had been written on paper about the events of the past. And along with the Elida history of what happened just a couple of decades ago and about the power of the nine titans. His father also briefly mentioned that Ymir's best friend had fled after her death and never was to be seen again.

Whatever that meant.

To Grisha his father as he began explaining the history, since he was shaming his own people and idolizing his oppressors it seemed as if he was a whipped dog despite the fact that man was also someone who was mourning for his dead daughter. He tried to instil this knowledge into Grisha's young brain but honestly, it wouldn't have much of an effect from what the young boy at the time had witnessed and noticed.

As the years progressed Grisha still questioned himself as the world was highly unfair to those who didn't do much wrong to the others who continued to harass them for anything at all. And by the time he became a doctor and realized his life's true purpose a new door for a future, he would later begin fighting for would open for him

A man arrived to get his daily check-up when Grisha noticed an odd scar on the man's shoulder, from there he had learned the truth of the tragic death of his little sister, and it was then and there that he was 'recruited' into a secret group hidden away in Marley. If they wanted to see a true devil then Grisha had promised he'd make them see a true devil indeed.

If they were gonna achieve their goal then they'd have to restore the Edlian Empire, now with their informant The Owl within the government giving them the information and guns that they'd need they were also searching for another blood-line that could help their cause.

"The Okumura's? But I thought they were all but wiped out?" Grisha asked.
"According to our informant in the government, he had previously made contact with one of the members. From what he was told and told us the Okumura's are still out there but are facing near-complete extinction due to something he wouldn't tell us." One explained.
"So if we find a member of the Okumura clan we'll be one step further to our goal?" Grisha asked.
"Yeah, but it might be a tiny step." Another replied.
"Any step is still one step closer to our goal." Another countered.