Chapter 39: Reply

Erwin kneeled before the greedy bunch of losers and gave his own testimony, stating that if they completely disbanded the Scouts that humanity would be doomed. That without the Scouts no one within the walls would be ready for whenever another breach should arise should it even ever happen.

He brought awareness that even if titans didn't breach Wall Rose it would be humanity itself due to the shortage of food. Angry and hungry citizens would create a civil war among its own people, which is why Wall Maria needed to be reclaimed in order for humanity to even have a possible future for survival.

However, his words went on deaf ears considering these pigs decided to try and turn it against him by using the very law they have been breaking for years...one was focusing on their own lives instead of the lives of others which they turned on Erwin to make him out to be the true villain when in reality these bastards would do anything even get blood on their own hands for the sake of a fucked up secrets kept.

Though their secret was slowly slipping out like most do as the truth was slowly being revealed.

They mentioned how Eren's titan abilities were not his call to make along with something about having to do with Ayane. Honestly, these freaks were still trying to pose the death of the former head of the Reeves family on Erwin but the Commander knew the truth...though with people like this with such higher power it wouldn't matter how much he spoke of the truth these greedy assholes didn't like being challenged at all.

After a moment the judgement of Erwin's fate was decided...

Guilty...and he was to be sentenced to death.

Nile was silently horrified at this, was this how he wanted it to end? To die? Didn't this man value his family just as much as he valued the Scouts? Erwin spoke so highly and was overprotective of his niece...so why is he okay with leaving her behind with people like this?

That's when he saw the smile on Erwins face just as the doors were slammed open.

A female soldier quickly saluted and informed everyone in the room that Wall Rose had been breached and that Cadet Ayane had been captured by the enemy. This had Pixis quickly order for an evacuation route along with a group of soldiers to get ready on the double to retrieve Ayane.

That's when the true colours of these pigs decided to seep through as one of them quickly ordered for them to not even bother with the people of Wall Rose and to close all exits tight in Wall Sina so that no one could get in, Nile was horrified by this and thought it was their job to protect the people.

"What about Cadet Ayane?" Nile asked.
"Let those despicable Garrison soldiers die for her!" One shouted.
"But I thought she was an important asset for humanity! I refuse to close the gates and I will send soldiers out to safely retrieve Ayane back, she is a soldier much like the rest of us and is well respected among the public..." Nile says.
"I couldn't agree more." A voice spoke up.

Behind him was Pimer Zachary, along with many other soldiers behind him with guns in their hands standing in two different rows.

That's when things were revealed, there was no breach in the walls and Cadet Ayane was safe and sound hidden away in a distant place where the MP's couldn't find her. It had been the big plan all along though honestly, Pixis didn't like using the farce safety of his beloved granddaughter in something she wasn't aware of.

But if it meant securing her future and a bit of her safety despite her being a fellow soldier then Pixis and Erwin would stop at nothing to ensure that no one who thought they had a right could take away her choices and future.