Chapter 69: Children Of The Forest

A once peaceful village just a few miles away from the walls was lively as ever though most of the adults were at their daily work. The sun was just rising up and those who lived there hoped for another beautiful day with no titans to threaten them, so far nothing and the adults were enjoying it.

But even so, peace is only temporary in this world since smoke was later delivered into the village and it was revealed to be that of the Marleyen Military but they were accompanied by Zeke Yeager himself. It just so happens that the village he destroyed was Connie's home...

Zeke had explained about what he had done all to Levi who continued to berate him for what had happened not missing a beat to insult him. Clearly the lives Zeke destroyed in that village meant nothing to him since he didn't even seem the slightest remorseful. That's when Zeke made an off-hand comment on how Levi wasn't popular with the ladies.

"If you weren't so popular with the ladies I wonder how you could meet a young lady and have a child with her," Zeke mentioned.
"Keep my daughter out of your mouth you vile pig." Levi spat back.

They spoke some more until a soldier arrived and whispered into his ear about the events that transpired before, Levi wasn't sure what to think about this what was his daughter thinking? Is she truly being manipulated by Zeke? If so then he'd cut the bastard down for messing with her.

'If that theory is correct then I'll make sure to make his death hurt.' Levi thought.

Meanwhile, at the restaurant where Niccolo worked, Sasha's family arrived for the dinner that they were invited to.

Niccolo soon welcomed them all and despite the number of kids that Sasha's parents brought with him he still offered them a nice meal to eat. However, it was mentioned to Gabi and Falco that apparently Niccolo and Sasha may or may not have been in love with one another.

Or well that could just be a misjudgement from a kid's point of view but no one really knows.

The group ate the amazing first dish while Niccolo was making the main dish for the evening, not long after however, the Scouts arrived with little Carla still in Jean's arms now asleep. They hoped he could help them investigate the detainment of those who helped them and Niccolo was willing to help but took them into another room to avoid anything or anyone from noticing or hearing them well for the time being.

However, when Jean was talking about having some nice wine to drink as he had one hand supporting Carla still strapped to his chest, all of a sudden Niccolo shouted and tore the wine bottle from him. He made some snide comments but flinched when he heard Carla nearly sobbing from his shouting, quickly apologizing he ran off leaving Jean to console his niece for the time being.

Niccolo took the bottle back to the winery that's when Gabi and Falco took their chance to confront him. Though things went from bad to worse when Gabi revealed what she did to Sasha and looked so damn proud of it and despite Falco's warnings to stop she didn't which resulted in Niccolo reacting and trying to smash her on the head with a wine bottle only for Falco to get the brunt of it.

Things continued to get worse when Niccolo in a moment of utter rage forcefully brought Gabi with him while holding a knife and revealed to Sasha's family who the girl really was and told him that he should kill her, but instead despite the loss of his daughter Sasha's father never wanted to kill a child in the first place stating that getting the children out of the forest was the top priority due to the fact that this bloodshed would keep happening.

"I assume this is what Ayane has in mind but she's going down a dark path due to her suffering. Hange guide her down a brighter path before it's too late for her, if not for her then for her daughter." Sasha's father says.