Chapter 57: The Other Side Of The Sea

Marley had been at war with another country for a while now, their best soldiers as well as those in training to be the next set of chosen ones to possess the power of one of the nine titans were in this fight as well...literal children were in it fighting to stay alive to better the 'home' they would soon be heading back to.

Though there was a boy who went by the name of Falco who slowly awoke again wondering why he thought he had been flying in the skies and hearing unknown people scream Lady Okumura by another name as she laid in the arms of someone unknown as his memory was hazy and that was all he could remember at the time.

His older brother Colt had finally found him thankfully and rushed to get his younger brother off the battlefield after a blast had previously blown him from his previous position. Colt grabbed Falco and placed him on his back after giving the younger his helmet and rushed towards safety where Falco could not only survive the battle but possibly seek medical attention if he was further injured.

When he reached the trench where the Eldians who were fighting for Marley, Falco's friends helped them over the edge to safety. A man who went by the name of Magath had asked Colt to report on what the situation was like and well it wasn't good yet as the frontal attack was completely wiped out by the enemy's new toys.

As Colt was getting scolded by the shitty higher-ups, Falco was being checked on by his friends. That's when he was questioned about why he was there and where Lady Okumura was. Gabi was confused as she mentioned that Lady Okumura was back at their home waiting for their return then went on to pour water on Falco's head and then decided to explain what was going on.

This current war had been stretching on for about four years now, however, things should be looking in their favour if they could get the chance to sink the ships on the sea. Finally, they'd win this war for Marley once and for all.

Not to mention claiming control of the fort would be the first priority, and even if that was tough they had to do it regardless. Falco flat out asked why the hell bothered with them as they were just four warrior candidates but Gabi decided to bring up the truth.

"Come on we're personally trained by The Lady Okumura. So they must be testing us to see who is the one who is a candidate to be their next warrior." Gabi replied.
"I wish she didn't have to train us...Lady Okumra should be allowed to focus on herself and her daughter." Falco frowns.
"It's not ideal but hey...she is at least a bit more kinder to us," Udo explains briefly.

Falco looked at his hands and kept his frown, to him Lady Okumura should be living a good life with her child and away from war. Even if her daughter was already one year old now the boy still hoped the two would get to spend some peaceful time together as mother and daughter.

'I can think about that later...first I need to focus.' Falco thought.

The young boy had become rather close with Lady Okumura and appeared to adore her little girl as well constantly trying to get the little girl to laugh and seemed to always succeed which always put a rare smile on Lady Okumura's face which was why it had been so often due to how rare it had been lately.

Not far off high up in the sky was a flying airship, Reiner sat there waiting for when it would soon be his part to put an end to this four-long year war. Meanwhile, on the ground, most of the Eldian soldiers were hanging back in the bank for current protection as their next move would soon arrive.

Gabi went on to explain why she was the best person to inherit the Armor Titan, she later explained that she alone was prepared to go for the devils on the island that took Lady Okumura from them and damned her a life of endless suffering, she clearly stated that she'd free Lady Okumura of her grim fate and would make sure those devils paid for what they've done to her all these years.