Chapter 23: Beast Titan

||A/N: The ending to this chapter broke me...you'll find out or if you remember how this episode ends you'll know why...||

Commander Erwin had been walking down the halls along with two other soldiers of the Survey Corps as they talked about the fact that it was revealed mere hours of Ayane's departure that there was actually titans within the walls that protected humanity for centuries...something no one but the Preist and a few others or so it seems like they knew.

"Forgive me sir but...why did you send Ayane out beyond the walls? The Female Titan has targeted her...who's to say she had been working alone." One of the soldiers commented.
"We still don't know if the Female Titan had worked alone or not...if she didn't then Ayane is the perfect person to lure out more of those who are still working against us within our own ranks." Erwin explains.

Now don't get him wrong he wasn't knee on using his niece like this at all, in fact on the inside he was indeed worried just as much as Hange and Levi were but he knew and had utter faith in Ayane's abilities that she'd be able to fight off whatever was thrown at her.

'Ayane has the skills to act quickly when things change...she also seems to be learning on her own on how to be a leader....those skills should be taken care of when the time approves.' Erwin thought.

Within the streets of Stohess whatever members of the MP's were tasked with cleaning up after the 'titan battle' really were annoyed with the higher-ups not giving out much information much less with how crappy the cover-up of this sudden attack and all this death was annoyed loads of them.

Upon the walls, Hange tried to get some form of information out of the Preist but honestly, the fool wouldn't budge since he was more concerned about nonsense, Hange quickly got annoyed with this and when the man demanded to be sent back down she grabbed him by the collar and held him over the edge.

When she went on the fact that the Scouts laid down their lives every day she only got refusal from the guy either way as he held out his arms ready to die from the fall, considering he wasn't worth the kill Hange shoved him back on the wall, Hange took a seat on the edge of the wall and commented on how long had it been since she felt like that...like the feeling she felt when she first left the walls.

Meanwhile, a lone rider rushed over hoping to tell Commander Erwin that titans had breached Wall Rose, and hoping to inform Captain Levi that his daughter was in the middle of fighting them holding them off until the Scouts arrive.

12 Hours Earlier...
South Of Wall Sina

Connie, Sasha, Bertholt, Reiner, Krista and Ymir as well as other soldiers were all cooped up in a building away from the other Scouts in order to keep anyone who could possibly be working alongside the Female Titan away. Commander Erwin had already suspected this a while ago before this plan came to motion and had set out to search for the remaining identities of the Titans that appeared destroying the walls all those years ago.

"You think Ayane is okay enough to fight at all?" Connie asked.
"Ayane is a capable soldier, I'm sure she understands her own limits," Reiner told.
"Even so she was hurt pretty badly...her ribs are nearly finished healing. Who's to say they might get worse in the process when the Female Titan tries to capture her again." Connie replies.
"I'm sure she'll be fine," Sasha replied.
"Easy for you to say, you somehow started to become friends with her," Connie commented.

This was true since about a week after the deaths of her family it was a shock when Ayane herself approached Sasha to ask her about well...her life in the woods as well as the fact she overheard Mikasa talk about that Sasha could tell what the scream from the Female Titan truly meant.