Chapter 49: Descent

||A/N: Oh my god no!! I forgot that the episode started off with this scene...and to start this chapter off with it too...I'm sorry everyone! T.T||

                                                                            **Memory**

Years ago when the Colossal Titan had attacked the walls when everyone was still trainees and no one really understood the power of titan shifters much less of Reiner and Bertholt being enemies no one or to them had overheard the conversation between the two boys on what to do with Eren plugging up the wall...or well to their knowledge until Marco spoke up from behind them.

Marco was shocked and even though at the time Reiner tried to push whatever he heard aside as a joke in the end however Reiner knew that Marco himself was a lot smarter than he looked...which meant that he couldn't let information he overheard get out.

He tried to attempt to shout for help but Reiner quickly covered his mouth, though when Annie arrived Marco felt some slight hope that she would help him however that quickly left as not long after Reiner decided to use Annie's want to go back to her father to persuade her to remove Marco's ODM gear.

"If word gets out not only will we be in high waters but Ayane will as well!" Reiner shouted.
"Ayane? Wait! What do you plan to do with her!?" Marco asked horrified.
"None of your business," Reiner replied.

Marco screamed in terror as Annie removed his gear, he was so heartbroken and confused but also afraid. The titan that was nearing them continued to get closer and closer. He couldn't understand why neither of them wanted to just talk this out but he also didn't want them to do anything to his friend Ayane who had come so far with letting even just a few people in like him and Eren.

"Don't hurt her! She's finally opening up! Please...don't hurt my friend!" Marco cried.

Reiner, Bertholt and Annie fled the scene when everything was done and landed on a different roof of a building a few distances away, there they watched Marco get eaten by that very titan...though some reason Reiner began asking in utter horror why Marco was just killed before their very eyes forgetting all about what had transpired a few moments ago.

                                                                **Memory End**
                                                                      **Eariler**

Bertholt looked over at Reiner who was drinking away at whatever the hell was inside the cup, ever since that day during their training years Bertholt had actively avoided being anywhere close to Ayane keeping a good distance to observe her from afar, during those times, he realized just how close Ayane had become with Marco in the past.

At that time the only two people Ayane ever allowed in were Eren and Marco...

'And we killed one of her closest friends before she began to open up her heart to everyone else...' Bertholt thought.

The Best Titan user later explained that Annie was doing fine and to not worry too much about her. Though to him the two didn't seem really committed to this mission honestly he felt like he went through all this trouble just to have these two bail out just because Annie wasn't at their side to join them in their mission for now. Even threatening to hand over one of their titans to another person.