Chapter 68: Guides

Armin had visited Annie in her crystal for a while now and he always told her of the events that had happened all these years, though when he attempted to touch the crystal he was interrupted by none other than Hitch, she teased him about his supposed crush on Annie which from her eyes looked like it.

Later the two of them left the area and Hitch gave Armin the newspapers to have him catch up on the recent turn of events that had happened. A brief conversation between the two transpired until they noticed protestors outside the gates of the military HQ for the time being as they shouted how only Eren and Ayane could save them all, apparently, there were a lot of these people in every military base.

Mikasa quickly reunited with Armin after Hitch went to help her comrades with keeping the protesters back, both Mikasa and Armin were gonna speak with Premier Zachary. Though at the same time soldiers of the Scouts who were secretly working under Ayane's orders were seen talking to one another before leaving.

                                                                **Hours Ago**

A rather tense silence between the two went on for a while until Ayane heard some commotion at the side of the wall from her cell and watched as Eren used his newfound Titan powers to mould the wall between their cells and created an arch for him to walk through.

"So you've already begun practising your new powers?" Ayane asked.
"It'll also be our way of escape. Given the right time of course." Eren replied as he walked up to her until they were mere centimetres apart.
"When will that be?" Ayane asked.
"Soon, Lieutenant, first you'll both need a distraction." Floch suddenly says.

Looking at the guy over her shoulder she slowly turned around so her side was facing him, she noticed that two other soldiers were behind him and from there she got them to inform her of what was happening above while they were stuck there.

"Lieutenant, what are your orders?" Floch asked saluting her.
"Did you get some soldiers to plant that bomb?" Ayane asked.
"We have. No one even saw them, the new recruits under your command are perfect, Lady Ayane." Louise says.
"Hmm alright, inform them the go ahead and gather those who can sneak off without direction to meet us elsewhere. We'll be leaving very soon when everything comes to a head." Ayane orders.
"Yes Ma'am!" Floch and Louise replied saluting her.

When the two left Ayane let out a sigh and turned back towards Eren who at this moment believed she wanted to be alone. But when he made such efforts to do so he felt Ayane gently grip his shirt in her hand and for a split moment he stared at her small hand and then turned his gaze back towards her.

"Stay for a bit..." Ayane whispered.

Eren was more than happy to do just that and although he didn't show it he just silently nodded his head and wrapped his arms around her bringing her close to his chest, the two stood there together holding one another as they remained in that comfortable yet slightly tense silence.

Ayane had closed her blue eyes as she nuzzled up to Eren's chest, times like these she loved back then...these days however she knew she had to soak in as much as she could take considering how much time was ticking for them both...not to mention they'd soon be separated to continue on with their objective.

The young couple soon looked at one another and leaned in, pressing their lips together at first in a gentle kiss before it got more desperate and their hold on one another brought them closer as their bodies allowed them to. Moving to the bed in Ayane's cell soon the two shed their clothes and had a bit of 'private time' together before they were to await their signal to leave and join the others elsewhere.