Chapter 74: Sneak Attack

The Scouts discussed if they should actually help Eren and Ayane in the first place, when Armin had asked Mikasa if she wanted to help she commented that she did but mentioned that it could just be her Ackerman blood talking. Armin though didn't believe a word of what Eren had said much less that the two of them would actually go through with such a horrible plan.

Honestly didn't these guys know them better? Armin didn't believe they would go so far not to mention how Oyankopon mentioned how desperate Ayane looked when it came to her daughter and her future despite seeing whatever others didn't.

"I mean come on! Captain Levi is her father I'm sure she wouldn't say or do anything like this without good reason too...she and the Captain are close not to mention that he and the Commander are all the family she has left so clearly she'd be doing anything to protect them if it meant victory." Armin explained.

To Armin both Eren and Ayane had this plan down packed on their side with the powers they hold, not to mention it was clear that they pretended to be on Yelena's and Zeke's side in order to get closer to using The Rumbling and when they would use it no one would touch the island in over 50 years or so.

"Come on guys! Do you really believe Ayane would work so easily with Zeke? The man who constantly hunted and killed her own family before her very eyes? She hates him! She wants to kill him! Clearly, she's using him to gain something!" Armin defends her and Eren.

Jean and Connie despite their feelings about what had all happened recently agreed to help the two out however they could honestly though they hoped to get some clear-cut answers from them later down the line but didn't have too much faith that they'd answer there was some sort of small hope. As they all were running up the stairs Mikasa questioned why the two of them wouldn't tell her or anyone of their plans.

But honestly, Armin had a theory that the two couldn't, above the battle was still raging on currently Ayane was fighting off Porco who despite having feelings for the girl found it a bit hard to land an attack on her, she was just too quick and he had to sustain a few cuts but with his titan abilities, he healed rather quickly.

"Eren!!" Ayane shouted.

Scoffing at this she turned her attention to Eren only to quickly get smacked into the wall of one of the houses here in town, Eren saw this and despite his state reached out for her only to have to deal with Reiner still as their own fight continued on. That's when Porco turned his attention to Eren but got smacked to the side quickly leaving him rather injured.

Reiner though had tackled Eren to the ground, honestly, he just wanted all this to end so everyone's suffering could also be put to an end. Though Eren wasn't one to give up ever so he continued to fight on so with that he shoved his hand into Reiner's titan mouth ready to tear it off when suddenly Reiner was thrown off his back.

Zeke was here...he had arrived finally...

Ayane crawled out from the rubble she was in and looked up towards the wall, there she saw Zeke as her eyes narrowed at the Beast Titan. Scoffing to herself she used the wall to help her up to her feet and walked in Eren's line of view all he saw was that she was alright apart from a small trail of blood running down her forehead.

The next targets of Zeke's were the airships, he sent a handful of rocks and took down each and every one of them with so much ease that things were now turning in their favour so far. Magath angered by this ordered Pieck to turn herself for him to get a good shot at him but at first, Zeke threw rocks at them as well forcing her to jump away and land on the side of the wall. It was too dangerous right now for them to go for that attack.

Next to come were some of those of the Yeagerists that were under Floch's orders their focus was the Cart Titan for now and as that battle went on rocks rained on the Marleyen soldiers who were on the roofs of the buildings. Not many survived at all. Eren took this chance to pick Ayane up into his large titan hand and then stumble towards where Zeke was.

Finally, their plan can come to its final point...

Gabi joined Colt in finding and rescuing Falco, and with Falco, he was still locked up pretty much with those of the Military Police there he realized from Nile that the man drank some of the wine that held Zeke's spinal fluid and wouldn't be able to say or do anything for his family again soon as Zeke lets out a scream. Honestly, it was sad.

By the time the Scouts reached the top one of the new recruits that joined the Yeagerists actually pointed a gun at them, though Jean easily took him down stating they were gonna help Eren and Ayane. That's when they had all the cells opened and found Shadis in bad shape, but he brushed it off though he did hand over Armin a note.

"What's this?" Armin asked.
"Not sure, Cadet Ayane gave this to me when she suddenly appeared in my cell, told me to hold onto this and give it to you when it was the right time," Shadis replied.
"Do you think she knew this would happen?" Mikasa asked.
"She must've! So whatever is on this paper could be some answers." Armin explained.
"That's the hope." Connie sighed.

By the time they confronted the others, it was clear most of them drank the wine even worse was the fact that Commander Pixis did as well.

"Ayane had hit the nail when she mentioned I drink too much. Guess this is a fitting punishment for that." Pixis commented.

No...so more of Ayane's family was going to die before her very eyes...how long much she suffers and watches this nightmare?

Pixis then gave a speech on what they needed to do in order to drive the invaders of their island back to their homeland.

They weren't gonna go down without a fight and with such limited ODM gear, they had to hand it all over to those who could fight considering they didn't drink any of the wine at all. The Scouts geared up and were soon ready to go join the fight or well whatever was currently left of it.

By the time the Scouts reached the top they were shocked at the sight of everything, even more so when they noticed Zeke was there...Yelena mentioned that it could be possible that Zeke or even Ayane had killed Captain Levi but honestly no one there believed Ayane could ever raise her hand to her own father much less her family at all.

Eren continued to limp towards Zeke but quickly noticed Reiner behind him, in an effort to protect Ayane he closed his fist just as Reiner rushed at him only for Zeke to send rocks towards Reiner in order to protect the two of them. Ayane peaked out of the fingers of Eren's titan and could only see what was ahead of them as Eren continued to limp forwards.

At the same time, Colt and Gabi were avoiding being sighted as they searched for Falco, when they did spot him though he was with the Military Police still and Nile spotted them. That's when the man decided to 'take' the boy elsewhere but really he just sent him off to Colt stating that this was no place for children and he just walked off as the three ran away.

The three of them found a place to hide enough for the brothers to hug one another though they still weren't in clear waters they quickly used a house to hide just as Niccolo helped Sasha's family elsewhere to get to safety. It was there that Gabi finally admitted that there were no devils on this island at all. Not to mention for some reason Falco took this moment to finally admit his feelings for Gabi at this moment.

But when he admitted that he had Zeke's spinal fluid in his system Colt came up with the idea that if Zeke knew about it then maybe he wouldn't scream and transform those who were close by into titans at all. So with that plan in their minds, they ran off to find where Zeke was in order to tell him.

With the Scouts it was a dead wish to get close to Eren and Ayane considering there still were some Marlyen soldiers on the other roofs shooting at them, Porco tried to go after Eren and Ayane again only to be stopped by Zeke by some rocks he had thrown at him leaving him to lay there on the ground as Eren continued to slowly approach Zeke.

That's when the fight took a turn as Pieck pretended to be 'killed' in order for Magath to land a good blow to Zeke's neck it nearly missed his nape but it was enough for him to fall straight towards the ground. Despite that though Eren continued to stumble forwards to Zeke's side.

They had to reach him in order for things to finally begin...