Chapter 46: Night Of The Battle To Retake The Wall

The discussion of what to do with the contents of what Kenny had given to Levi was currently being spoken of, Ayane stood off to the side with her hands in her Scout jacket pockets. Though the meeting only started once Dallas Zachary arrived.

"Why is Cadet Ackerman here?" Zachary asked.
"I've appointed her as the Scout's new Lieutenant it is her right to now join us in such discussions," Erwin informed him.
"Lieutenant huh? Ah, that's wonderful my dear. Congratulations on your new position, I always knew you were perfect for the role." Pixis smiled.
"Thank you, sir," Ayane replied nodding her head.

Course Ayane was still secretly nervous with this new role as she was still set to decide who she would pick to be in her squad so that they would be able to aid her in whatever Erwin had plans for the retake of the walls soon.

                                                                     **Flash Back**

"Ayane I will be appointing you the new role as Lieutenant of the Scouts," Erwin told her.
"Me? A Lieutenant?" Ayane asked a bit shocked.
"Do you oppose such a role?" Erwin asked.
"No! Of course not sir, if you believe I have what it takes then I'll accept. But if I may ask...why me?" Ayane asked.
"Because I see the leadership qualities in you, along with the fact that some of the Scouts along with the new recruits seem to be willing to follow your suggestions and command. Such ability will also be best with a squad of your own which you will be tasked later to decide who will be in your team and under your command alone." Erwin explains.
"Though you'll still report to us, brat so don't get too hasty," Levi added in.
"Don't worry sweetie you'll be an amazing leader! We believe in you!" Hange smile.

Ayane looked at her uncle and ant then her father before looking at her feet, if this was what they thought she could do then she'd do it without question. Looking back up at her uncle with determined eyes she nodded her head and later saluted to him accepting the role as Lieutenant.

"Good, from here on out. You'll now be known as Lieutenant Ackerman." Erwin stated.

                                                                 **Flash Back End**

Ackerman...apparently her father was a part of that family line, and since he adopted her she was as well in a way. Though it did feel weird to finally have a 'full name' in a sense. But either way, she still wore it with pride and would do whatever it took to bring humanity its victory for a bright future for those who wished so much for it.

She was brought out of her thoughts when Erwin decided that it would be Levi to take care of whatever was inside the injection and be the sole person to decide when or who to use it with, the next meeting was with a few other squad leaders of what they knew currently along with speaking of Eren's father as well as the Okumura's about how Eren's father was concerned about the Okumura family and if they were still alive.

"So it's it true? Is Ayane possibly an Okumura?" One asked.
"Not much is clear, but what we do know is that it's a possibility," Erwin replied.
"I'm sure if it's true in due time her ancestors will tell her the truth...something we'll possibly need." Another explains.
"No one here will force you to remember sweetie, you're an important person to all of us. So please take it easy okay? Especially now that your a Lieutenant okay?" Another told her.

Ayane who was present in the room as she stood beside her father while leaning up on the wall with her arms crossed over her chest just nodded her head silently, not long after that the meeting was finished and all filed out while stating that they should give the recruits something special like the meat to eat.