Loki- Secrets Part 2

Word Count: 1020

•••

Loki walked over to you and Thor and you sighed into your hands, leaving the room as swiftly as possible, not wanting to get caught up in the middle of their spat that was inevitably coming.

You walked out, mind occupied with what Thor and Loki were going on about, and bumped into Frigga. "Frigga! I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention and-"
"It's quite alright, Dear. Are Loki and Thor going at it?"
"Yes, how did you know?"
"They're my sons, with them, it isn't difficult to figure out. What are they going on about now?"
"Well, Thor asked me to be his date to the ball, I obviously declined, but then Loki walked in all dramatically and I don't fancy dealing with that today."

She laughed and offered you her arm as you strolled down the halls, complaining about Thor and Loki's stupid spats. After a while, footsteps came up behind you and Loki appeared at your side. Frigga took notice and unhooked her arm from yours, leaving you two alone.

You didn't want her to leave, but you were thankful she did at the same time. You straighten out your dress and cleared your throat. "Loki, are you done with Thor now?"
"Yes, my brother has been... dealt with."
"Do I want to ask what you did?"
"It's best you didn't."

You chuckled and continued walking down the halls with him, laughing and talking without a care in the world. You had almost made it to the gardens when you were met by one Odin of Asgard. Your mood changed instantly. "I have been looking everywhere for you two."
"Odin, I can expla-"
"Silence! You have broken my trust, sneaking around behind my back, with my son of all people, and never even bothering to mention it! Do I even want to know how long it's been happening?!"

You quieted and looked down at your hands, really trying not to snap at him while Loki piped up. "You can't talk to her that way! She has done nothing wrong!"
"And you,"

He turned to him, his words dripping out like poison, "You know she deserves Thor. She deserves more that you. You are not worthy of this girl, and you will never be worthy of this girl. You are not worthy of any girl who may cross your path!"

You were about to explode and you could see Loki was getting close. Very close. "If I may interject," Frigga appeared beside you, "She chose Loki, you've been trying to push her and Thor together for months to no avail, and you wonder why. It's because she doesn't love him, she loves Loki."
"That doesn't change the fact that he isn't worthy of her, Thor is!"
"He is worthy of her because she chose him, and chances are, she would choose him again."

Loki slipped his hand into yours and started to back up as they fought. You took notice and started backwards as well, eventually getting far enough to slip away. As soon as you were out of their sight, Loki audibly exhaled, wrapping his arms around you. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. You know how my father can be."
"Do not apologize for his actions or words. He is... troubled, that's for sure."

He chuckled and broke apart from you, still holding your shoulders and looking you in the eyes. "I love you, you do know that, right?"
"Of course I do. And I love you, too."

He kissed your forehead and you smiled. It was approaching your 2 year anniversary soon and you were beyond excited. The fact you had kept it under wraps for so long was incredible.

He took you by the hand and headed to the garden, smiling and babbling. He was rarely like this but when he was it was adorable, and that's something to say for a mass murderer. You didn't care about his past, however, you loved him.

You two sat on the bench and you leaned your head on his shoulder, watching the birds fly by and the leaves rustle. It took you a moment to notice Loki tense and become nervous. "What's wrong? Is what your father said back there getting to you?"
"No, I have... bigger, things on my mind at the moment."
"Like what?"

He cleared his throat and you sat up, getting slightly worried. He took notice of your sudden change of attitude and reassured you he wasn't planning a murder in his head. You nodded and smiled softly at him, hoping it wasn't worse.

You looked away for a moment, watching a bird take off, and when you looked back, he had a small box in his hands. You connected the dots and gasped, putting a hand up to cover your mouth. He smiled and took a breath before staring his speech.

"Y/N Y/L/N, you are the best person I've ever met, by far. I love you with all of my being and seeing Odin speak to you like that today made me realize that. I really don't deserve you, but I'm thankful that you're mine every day. So, without further ado, Y/N, will you make me the luckiest man in all the 9 realms and marry me?"
"Oh my god, yes!"
"Yes?"
"Yes, yes, a million times yes!"

He beamed and slipped the ring on your finger before you wrapped your arms around his neck, planting a kiss on his lips. You laughed and smiled before pulling away and examining the ring. "It's beautiful." You kissed his cheek and you both laughed. Everything was perfect.

From the balcony, Frigga and Odin watched you two. "She loves him, and he loves her."
"I see that now, yes. But she deserves better."
"They need each other like a fish needs water. They're clearly happy."
"I won't stand in their way, but they could have told us."
"No, they could have told you."

Odin smiled and Frigga pecked his cheek, heading back indoors. He watched the two of them a moment longer before following her inside and finally making his peace.