Tony- Whoops

POV: You're Steve's sister and you and Tony have been secretly going out for months. Eventually Steve finds out and all Tony has to say is "Whoops."

I like to make people date in secret if you couldn't tell. It's kinda funny for me, I don't know why though.

This is a short one, sorry, but I just wanted to finish it before end of year exams, I might not be adding as many one shots as before but I'll try to keep up!

Word Count: 802
Type: Seems funny to me, I dunno about you though
Reader Pronouns: She/her

Your outfit:

•••

You and Tony were sitting beside the pool, talking. Mostly about his suit and the upgrades you could make to it. You two worked in the lab together and you were damn good at your job. Eventually you two started going out, but there was a slight problem; Captain America was your older brother. Well, adoptive brother. He came into the future and you took him in.

Today, Tony was going on about suit power and how he could prolong it. You had pitched a few ideas and he agreed they might work, but it wouldn't do much. Maybe a few minutes at most. "A few minutes is better than none, especially in battle."
"True, but I'd rather have hours."
"Tony, you have to settle for slightly less than you hoped sometimes, because you're not always going to get it perfect. It's impossible to be perfect."
"But I can try. I can try to be perfect. I can try to-"
"You'll never be happy if you're chasing something that doesn't exist."
"But I am happy, I've got you."
"Tony..."

You smiled and looked down at your hands in your lap and a moment later Tony placed his hands in yours. It was peaceful like this, not so much the sneaking around but you did it a lot, and you were quite efficient.

You two even had codes to alert each other that someone was coming and who. For instance, Steve was 'popsicle' and Clint was 'bird box'. Sure, they might be obvious, but they worked.

You two continued talking for hours, 3 at least, before going inside. Dinner was being prepped by Bruce and Clint- though it wasn't going the greatest- but it wouldn't be ready for a while longer. You two slipped by them and ran upstairs, him smirking and you giggling. Sneaking around made you giddy, you were a spy after all.

You rounded the corner and headed into your bedroom, closing the door and smiling as Tony kissed your neck while humming contently. He made his way to your lips and you migrated to the bed, laying down as he continued.

You two were too... distracted, to hear heavy footsteps approaching the door. The knob twisted and the door opened as Tony pulled away and you gasped, eyes meeting with a shocked Steve.

Tony climbed off you and sat down next to you and Steve cleared his throat awkwardly. You ran a hand through your hair and let out a sigh while Tony stared him down like he was prepping to fight him. Eventually, Steve broke the silence. "So. How long has... this, been going on?" Steve crossed his arms in the doorway, frowning. "A few months." You said sheepishly. This wasn't how the day was supposed to go at all. "How many exactly?"
"Nine."
"Nine months of you two dating and you've never brought it up!? Tony she's like my sister!"
"Jury's out."
"What do you have to say for yourself?"
"Whoops."

You muffled a laugh and looked down while Steve and Tony bickered. You gave them a bit before you thought they would start trying to kill each other and Civil War 2.0 would ensue. "Ok, Stevie, I love you, but I'm not a little girl anymore! You don't have to protect me from everything and everyone that crosses my path, I can do that myself."
"Y/N, you're practically my sister and Tony is... well he's Tony."
"Hey!"
"Steve it's no big deal. I need a life outside Sunday breakfast with you- not that I'm complaining- and training on Wednesdays and Fridays. Wether you like it or not, I'm not a little kid."
"I'm just worried. What if something happens?"
"Like what? You better not be suggesting what I think you're suggesting."

You crossed your arms and Steve huffed, seeing where you were going with this point. "Look, Steve, nothing is going to happen. I'm grown, I can handle myself. You need to respect that because if you can't then I don't know how much I can respect you. Ok?"
"Alright, I guess. I'm still not happy with this though. Stark, if you try any funny business at all I will not hesitate to fight you."
"Aye aye, Captain."

You smothered a laugh, knowing that Steve had no clue that he was mocking him using Sponge Bob. Steve nodded and shut the door as he left and Tony laughed. "You really have Steve wrapped around your finger, don't you?"
"I know a lot about him, it's not all that hard to get him to listen."

He smiled and kissed your cheek before drowning on about Steve's protectiveness over you. You had no doubt the second something happened you would have a protection squad, but you weren't complaining. It was nice knowing people cared about you for once.