Peter- Midnight Dance Party

POV: You and Peter can't sleep. Instead of even attempting to go back to bed, you have a dance party in the kitchen.

Word Count: 842
Type: Idk, it exists or whatever
Reader Pronouns: She/her

Your outfit:

•••

You walked out of your bedroom, quietly shutting the door behind you. It was a little past 1 in the morning and you couldn't sleep. Your thoughts were intrusive and not very helpful when you wanted to sleep. You groggily rubbed your eyes and padded down the halls of the compound towards the kitchen, singing an old lullaby softly in Russian. Your older sister, Natasha, had taught you some English and French when you were young, but Russian was your first language.

You entered the kitchen and poured yourself a glass of water, still singing. You were caught up in your thoughts and didn't even hear Peter sneaking up behind you. "Well that's not terrifying." You startled and turned to face him, ready to stab him, but relaxed when you saw it was Peter. "Shit, Peter. Don't scare me like that."
"Me, scare you? I wasn't the one singing a creepy song in Russian at 1 in the morning!"
"It's not a creepy song, it's a lullaby."
"No wonder you and Natasha are so scary."
"What are you even doing up?"
"Couldn't sleep, you?"
"Me neither."

Peter walked over, getting himself some water and jumping onto the counter, swinging his feet like a little kid. You leaned against the island and a staring contest ensued, resulting in you winning and Peter wanting a rematch. "Come on, best 2/3?"
"No, no more staring contests, Peter."
"Please?"
"No, I won fair and square."
"Please?"
"Parker."

He put his hands up in defence and you smirked to yourself, putting your glass in the sink. Water always tasted better during the early hours of the morning when no one was awake. "We both can't sleep, so what should we do? No one else is awake."
"I don't want any of the team- especially your sister- to be woken up by us."
"Nat's a light sleeper, but her room's 2 floors up. We'll be fine."
"Can you dance?"
"What kind of question is that? Of course I can."
"Right, well we could have a dance party."
"At this hour?"
"No one would see us, so we could dance as badly as we'd like and no one would know."

You nodded, contemplating the idea, before grabbing your phone and starting your Spotify playlist. You smirked at Peter as the first song began to play and you started to dance. You were classically trained in the Red Room with your sister, but she pulled you out before your "graduation" from that place.

Peter was a terrible dancer, but he tried. You knew ballet, ballroom and contemporary, but not the stuff people did now at clubs or parties, so you were nearly as bad as he was when it came to dancing to the style of music playing.

No one came down to disturb you two if they were awake, and you wanted to make sure it stayed that way. Peter, however, didn't seem to care. He had already bumped into the fridge and nearly slipped on the floor a multitude of times and you had only gotten through a couple songs on the playlist. "Dear lord, Peter, you're terrible at this."
"Sorry I'm not a dancer like you."
"I'm classically trained, not whatever... this, style of so called 'dance' is."
"It's still better than I am."

You nodded and did a jeté to show off and he attempted one, nearly smacking his face off the counter top. You put a hand to your mouth and stifled a laugh as he stood up, blowing hair from his face. "You make that look easy."
"That's the difference. You see, for me, it is."
"Ouch, point taken."

You chuckled and you two continued dancing for a few hours before heading up to bed, tired out from all of it. You should be able to sleep now, and so should Peter.

•••Time Skip•••

You woke up and stretched, heading to the living room, but stopped outside Peter's room first. You rapped on the door quickly. "Parker, get out of bed!"
"Let me wake up first!"
"No, let's go Spiderling!"

You could hear him groan as he pushed the door open and headed downstairs together, stopping when you reached the bottom steps to see your sister, Steve, Tony and Sam sitting on the couch, watching you two walk in. You paused, looking at their faces. "Alright who died?"
"Woah, that's morbid."
"Sorry, I tend to jump to conclusions. But what's with the faces."

Steve crossed his arms and cleared his throat, looking like he was about to make the 'I'm not mad, just disappointed' speech. "Where were you two last night? I went to check on you after your last mission and I couldn't find you."
"Odd, we were in our beds."
"Yup. Fast asleep. In bed. Not doing anything."

You elbowed Peter in the side and he gave you a look before you motioned for him to shut up. You stood there for a while, staring at the others before Tony spoke up.

"You do know this place has cameras, right?"

"...What."