Loki- If You Love Her

POV: You were Loki's love before you died from an illness. Thor didn't know about you until he found Loki crying over you on the day you died.

I'm using some of the lyrics from my favourite song in this one though I am altering them a little. The song's called "If You Love Her" by Forest Blakk, it is SO good so just try it out. Here's the lyric video link and the video itself if you want it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wx_3l7fHs

This is another long one, which is why it took so long to post. Thanks for being so patient and sit tight my lovelies, I had lots of things to say for this one.

Word Count: 2,013
Type: Sad. You died. It's sad.
Reader Pronouns: She/her

No outfit for this one, you're dead.
•••

"Loki cut it out! You cheated, I want a rematch!"
"Don't fight it, you're going in the fountain."
"Loki!"

You screamed, smiling, as he picked you up bridal style and threw you in the fountain, the water splashinv onto him. You resurfaced, moving your hair from your eyes and gasped at him. "That is not fair Mr. Laufeyson!"
"You lost the bet."
"After you cheated!"
"The rules never said no powers."
"Oh you are insufferable."
"You love me though."
"Of course I do."

You chuckled and cupped his face in your hands, pulling him down to your level and pressing a kiss to his lips. He pulled away smiling like an idiot, brushing a strand of your now soaking hair from your face. "I love you, Y/N."
"I love you too. Now help me out before I freeze to death."
"Of course, my love."

•••

It had been a year since your death and it hit Loki harder than ever. Since you died there was a hole in his heart that no one could fill. The light he once held had gone out. He was changed and he wouldn't come back from it.

The memory of that day at the fountain was a fond one, it was one of the last happy ones he ever got to share with you before you became ill. After your diagnosis you and Loki went to every doctor you could find across the Nine Realms, and they all said the same thing.

•••

"You have 6 months to live, if you're lucky."
"I beg your pardon?"
"I'm sorry, she has only 6 months left."
"Surely there's a mistake."
"Mr. Laufeyson, I assure you, there is not. I'm sorry, I'll give you some time to think before we talk treatment."

The doctor left you two and you sat hand in hand, stunned. You were too shocked to say anything, do anything. Loki on the other hand was a rambling mess. "We could go back to Asgard, treat you there, we're much more technologically advanced than they are here-"
"Loki stop. What's it going to do? I don't have much of a chance, even with your fancy tech back there."
"No, we can figure this out. We always do."
"Loki there's nothing to figure out. I'm dying. They caught it too late. A mortal and a god. Dear lord why didn't I see this type of thing coming?"
"This isn't your fault. We still have time, there has to be a cure, there just has to be."

You pressed your hand to his cheek and he let a single tear fall. You brushed it away with the pad of your thumb and smiled weakly, tears clouding your eyes. You shook your head softly before they fell. "We were doomed from the start."