Peter- Princess Of Knives (Royal!AU)

POV: Peter is your best friend, a village boy from the West Quarter of the kingdom. You are the Princess, and also the kingdom's most deadly assassin. He happens to find out.

This is a longer imagine and I don't feel like making multiple parts for it, so enjoy.

"I swear on silver dollar" is a thing I do, so I incorporated it into the story. I'll explain it in an A/N if you'd like me to, sometimes it's nice to ramble.

Word Count: 1183
Type: Idk, it just exists
Reader Pronouns: She/her, but if a dude or a non binary pal wants to identify as a princess in this you can change the pronouns in your head. Who am I to stop you?

Your outfit in the day/at the party:

Your crown:

Your outfit as the assassin:

•••

You were sneaking around in the night, again. You had to stop making a habit of this, but you had already killed so many people. People your father let go because they had money. Your latest hit; Aldrich Killian. He was a fan of your father's, but when he stood him up on New Year's way back when, he went off the rails and became some weird, war addicted dude.

You were scaling the wall of a building, looking out over the sleeping kingdom, at least the part you were able to see; the West Quarter. The rest of the kingdom was covered by this freaking monstrosity. 

Killian's house was large, as he was one of the richest people in the kingdom. It sat atop of a hill, overlooking the people below, and it was only dwarfed by the castle. God, how you wanted to burn this place to the ground. Maybe you'd get the chance one day.

You had scaled the wall and made it to the roof when you heard footsteps behind you. 'Who the hell would follow someone up a wall? And how?' You thought to yourself, groaning and turning to face the figure. "S-stop!"
"Why should I?"
"I could kill you, a-and no one would know until morning!"
"Oh my dear boy, you haven't thought this through. You see, we're on a rooftop in the dead of night. This is my domain."
"You don't have backup, and they won't make it in time for you to do anything."
"I don't have backup."
"What? Then how come people die so quickly here?"
"Because I'm efficient. And I work alone. I don't have time for others, the more people I let in, the more that can backstab me. Speaking of, shall we get to the stabbing part?"

You slipped a dagger out of your belt and flipped it in your hand, catching it at the base. The boy shifted his footing and nodded before running at you. Bad move. You grabbed his arm and flipped him over, using his momentum to carry through with it and dislodge a few shingles.

He groaned and you could now see his face more clearly, noticing small details that weren't there before until you pieced it together. It was Peter. You pulled your mask up, covering more of your face. "Look, I don't want to hurt you, kid. But I will."
"You had no problem killing all those people."
"Those people were monsters in disguise. Those people all had a part in my mother's death. And those who didn't still deserved it. None of them were innocent. Neither is the idiot I'm about to kill, so leave. Before I have to kill you, too."

He nodded and you started to walk away, but he was quick and grabbed your mask, pulling it down. You gasped but the damage was done, Peter had seen your face. "Y/N-"

He cut himself off and you pulled it back up, taking a running start and jumping off the edge of the roof, landing in a tumble and taking off back towards the castle.

•••Time Skip•••

It had been a week since you had seen Peter on the rooftop. Killian was dead, you had slipped poison in his mead one day, but surely it would get out that it was you. He was never good with secrets. You had been deliberately avoiding him, but that would no longer be an option as of tonight. You had to talk to him about the incident. "Lady Y/N, are you ready?"
"One moment, Izzie."

You fixed your hair and exited your room, earning a gasp from Izzie. "Oh Y/N, you look wonderful. Your mother would be so proud."
"Thank you, you look equally as beautiful. Maybe someone will notice you tonight."
"I doubt it, but that boy, Peter right? He'll definitely notice you. Everyone will."
"I'm not sure about Peter, plus we're just friends. He's been off lately. Shall we?"
"Yes, let's go."

You two headed down the stairs, Izzie was wearing a beautiful green silk dress with gold embroidered around the waist and on the trim on the end. She was your best friend in the castle and was a year older than you, but she was practically your sister. She had stepped in when your mother died all those years ago.

You rounded the corner but stopped, letting Izzie go first. Royal protocol and all. You counted to 5 before stepping out, standing on the balcony for a moment before walking down the stairs. The gasps and 'awww's were audible all around the room and as you reached the bottom step, you felt a blush creeping up your neck.

You could be talking or dancing with anyone here, but you were looking for one person in particular to sort out a big mess. Where could Peter be hiding? You scanned the room and eventually found him, hiding in the corner, watching you but talking with your brother. You pushed through the crowd and made your way over to them. Your brother greeted you. "Y/N/N, how lovely of you to join us."
"Yes, thank you, Lukas. I need to speak with Peter, alone. Just for a moment."
"Of course, I need to speak with Izzie anyway."
"You have to confess to her soon, brother. She'll get picked up by someone else, maybe Jacques."
"I know, I know. Now go."

He nodded and left to find Izzie and you turned to Peter, whispering. "Come, let's go somewhere more private, this is not a discussion I want to have around all these people."
"Are you going to kill me?"
"Did you kill my mother?"
"No."
"Then no, I won't."

You dragged him off to the gardens and sat down on a bench. You ran a hand through your hair. "Alright, I bet you have a number of questions-"
"Yeah, yeah I do. Like, why?"
"Peter, all the people I've killed and the people I'm going to kill have all played a role in my mother's death or have been wrongfully let go. They've all committed crimes, and they deserve what's coming to them."
"Are they really worthy of murder?"
"Yes. They were only let go because Judge Pierce is a corrupt man who is easily swayed by money. Have you ever noticed they're all rich? I should kill him after all this."

Peter was quiet. He sat there for a moment, absorbing the information you had given him before nodding. "Alright. I guess that's fair, but murder? That is a crime you know."
"I'm the princess and the heir to the throne, plus no one else was going to do it. That's why they were let go in the first place."
"Oh yeah. Well, I won't tell anyone. I swear on silver dollar."

He pulled out a coin from his pocket and handed it to you, pressing it into your palm. You knew it was true and you nodded in reassurance. Your secret was safe with him. "Thank you. Now, let's go enjoy the party. Shall we?"