Natasha- Cliffhangers

First off, I think you know where I'm going with this based on the title. Sorry

POV: You, Nat- your sister- and Clint are at the cliff. You already agreed it couldn't be Clint (by 'agreed' you mean tying him up), so now it's you or your sister.

Word Count: 841
Type: Sad, I'm sorry for this
Reader Pronouns: They/them

Your outfit on the mission (body type doesn't matter it just fits because ✨magic✨):

Your outfit after the time skip:

•••

"Damn it Nat, Y/N! Let me go!"
"You have a family! A wife and 3 kids. If we pull this off you deserve to see them again. They deserve their dad and Laura deserves her husband."
"Y/N stop making perfect sense, now untie me."
"NO!"

You and Nat shouted in sync. Even in the darkest hour, you two shared one mind. She was perched on a boulder while you stood, back against a rock. "Who's it going to be?"
"It would be me if you just untied me damn it!"
"SHUT UP CLINT!" You shouted at him, tears pricking at the corner of your eyes. "Just... Shut up. Please."

He silenced and Nat stood, walking over to you and wrapping her arms around you. When she let you go she whispered in your ear. "I'm so sorry."
"What?"
"I love you."
"Nat, what-"

You tried to move, but she had tied you to the rock with a wire identical to Clint's. She looked at you, your eyes widening as you realized what was happening. "NATASHA!" You cried out, trying to free yourself. She nodded, wiping tears from her eyes, and took off running towards the edge. "NO!"

You could hear her as she jumped. You let out a loud sob and broke from the wire, it hurt like a bitch but you didn't care. You ran to the edge and leaned over, watching her fall and hit the ground below as you screamed.

You were too late.

She was gone.

•••Time Skip•••

It has been weeks since Nat and Tony died (plus Steve getting all old and wrinkled) and the compound had been rebuilt, but you were yet to get out of bed. The team had only stopped by to give you food, not that you ate it anyway. The only person you let stay was Clint, he lost her too. Everyone did, but it hit you both the hardest.

Bruce was keeping to himself, you knew he and Nat were close, (sometimes too close) but the way he reacted when you got back shook you up more than you'd like to admit.

You were pulled from your thoughts- it was mostly just the image of her hitting the ground when she fell- when you heard pacing outside your door. Based on the footsteps, it was probably Bruce/The Hulk. Brulk. "Hey, Y/N. The team has something we want to show you." You didn't respond. You heard him huff. "Just come downstairs in 10 minutes, ok?"

You heard him leave and wiped your eyes, leaving your bed for the first time in days. You decided it was time for a change of scenery. And clothes. You changed into a hoodie and baggy jeans, brushing out your hair and doing minimal clean up duty so you didn't look like you had been crying. You had giant bags under your eyes but that didn't matter, you had a pass on this one.

You pushed your door open and made your way downstairs slowly, pausing outside Nat's old room. It took everything in you not to scream and cry again, but you continued on. You reached the steps and extended a shaky hand to the railing, making your way down them slowly when you heard the team talking. You paused briefly. "You think they'll come?"
"Maybe, maybe not. I understand if they don't, I mean they just lost their sister."
"I'm here..."

Your voice was barely a whisper but it got the attention of Clint. He walked over and gave you a little nod before bringing you to the group, who were trying to be as nice as possible about your current look. "Do you want to go see what we did?" You nodded weakly and Sam slipped his hand into yours, reassuring you it would be ok.

Everyone made their way out to the grounds and around to a section with some trees but it was still mostly clear. They took you over to one tree in particular and stopped, glancing back at you. You knew it was Nat's favourite tree, but doubted they did. "What?"
"Look, at the base."

You looked down at the bottom of the tree and gasped, a small headstone was placed at the foot, marked with Nat's name. You brought a hand to your mouth and a small, ever so faint smile played on your lips while tears threatened to fall again. "I don't know what to say..."
"We would have done more, but-"
"No, no. It's perfect. She would have loved it."

You sniffed and the team let you say goodbye privately as you sat down, crossed legged in front of the gravestone. You babbled on and on like she was still there, listening to your stories and laughing. The only thing was, that she wasn't. You placed a hand on the top of the stone and smiled weakly, leaning in a little. "I miss you."

You sighed, knowing she wouldn't respond, but you knew what she would have said. "I love you, too."