Carol- Allergy Season

POV: Carol is your fiancée, and while she seems big and scary (which she is) she has some pretty bad seasonal allergies.

I am so sorry it took me so long to write a Carol chapter, but I wanted something slightly out of character for her, something kind of unexpected I guess. Not just serious and stoic Carol all the time.

I also barely added dialogue throughout the chapter, so whoops. I meant to add it but just didn't, therefore it's rather short. Sorry!

On a side note, do you know how hard it is to find not sexualized fan art for Carol? Or any female for that matter? I swear everything is 10x bigger than needed. (you know what I mean. You're on Wattpad for Christ's sake)

Word Count: 645, I'm sorry it's so short but like I said, barely any dialogue
Type: Funny again (still probably just to me)
Reader Pronouns: She/her, Carol just has that v i b e, you know?

Your outfit:

•••

You and Carol were hanging out on the couch, your head on her lap as you watched the TV, which was currently playing a cheesy 80's movie. She was talking and you were nodding along every now and again, not totally involved in the movie but not entirely involved in her conversation.

It was quiet, and considering where you two were currently located- AKA the living room at the compound- that was rare. Peter was at school, Bruce was in the lab, Sam was doing god knows what, probably training, and the others were out on missions. You rarely got any space to yourself, so this was nice.

The birds were chittering and chirping outside and the smell of freshly cut grass overwhelmed you. For you, it was amazing. For Carol, not so much. She had allergies, bad allergies. It was a well kept secret and she usually spent almost of allergy season pent up in her room or on other planets, and no one questioned her as she was Carol. The great Captain Marvel.

Today was a particularly troublesome day, the pollen count was high according to the weatherman on the news and it was taking a toll on Carol. She was sniffling and her eyes were watering constantly, you kinda felt bad but at the same time, you didn't. It was nice to see her as something other than the big, strong Avenger and "Guardian of The Universe" that she is.

She was talking about the Guardians like Rocket and Quill and how they were probably going to be the downfall of humanity and possibly the universe. "They're going to kill everyone, and no one will be surprised."
"I don't doubt that. Not a bit."
"And Drax, that's his name, right? He has about as many brain cells as a potato."
"Play nice, Carol."
"He thinks he can become- and I quote- invisible to the eye."
"They can't all be terrible."
"No, the green one who supposedly died but came back during the time travel thing you did seems competent. Her and the blue one."
"Gamora and Nebula? Yeah, they're good. Possibly the only ones with brain cells."

She smiled and you sat up and kissed her cheek. You laid back down and closed your eyes, readjusting your head position. There was only the muffled sound of the TV in the background and the birds outside. It was quiet and peaceful. Then she sneezed ridiculously loud and scared the living shit out of you. You fell off the couch and onto the floor, nearly whacking your head off the table but instead hitting it off the floor. She immediately stood and checked you out, making sure you were ok, before bursting out laughing. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry but-"
"Don't apologize, it's not your fault."
"That was hilarious. Are you alright?"
"I'm fine. I'm fine."

She chuckled and helped you up and back onto the couch as you rubbed the back of your head and sighed, suppressing a smile. You loved Carol more than anything, but damn it her allergies could be a pain to deal with- literally. Yes you may be an Avenger, and yes you may have scars from being shot, stabbed, or tortured, but it still hurts when your girlfriend sneezes and causes you to whack your head off the nearest surface.

You had suggested that she should try allergy medication multiple times, but she always said it would never work for her. You didn't argue, but you'd hope maybe one day she'd try it and you wouldn't have a constant headache in the spring. You were thankful she didn't go off to whatever planet this time, but you'd like to not have to worry about a concussion every time you hung out. At least you loved her, in sickness and in health applied to allergies too, right?