Steve- Interviews

POV: You and Steve have been married for almost 2 years, but you've kept it secret. Only the team and Fury knows. One day he's doing an interview for Jimmy Fallon and you walk in.

Word Count: 944
Type: Again, idk. It just exists
Reader Pronouns: She/her

Your outfit before the time skip:

Your outfit after the time skip:

•••

You unlocked the door to your apartment and threw your keys in the bowl at the front door. You shut the door and walked through to the kitchen, you could hear Steve talking on the phone in the living room and you didn't want to disturb him. It was probably just Bucky, since they figured out how to call people using Siri they had been on the phone with each other nonstop.

You grabbed an apple from the fridge and headed to your bedroom, taking a bite. You shut the door and sat down on the bed for a while, remembering Steve had an interview after dinner. He might just be going through possible questions. You shrugged it off and set the apple down- which was now half eaten- and changed from your work clothes into comfortable ones.

You finished the apple and headed back to the kitchen, throwing it in the trash. You heard Steve laugh in the other room and walked in, humming mindlessly before glancing over at him. You quickly realized he was doing his interview now and was looking at you, eyebrows raised. "Captain? May I ask who that was?" You mouthed  the word 'sorry' rather quickly and hurried out, nearly falling over from the slippery floors.

You could hear him muffle a laugh as he watched you go and you huffed, leaving to go back to the bedroom. When you got there, you immediately shut the door and sighed, running a hand through your hair. It was going to get out that you were married sooner or later, but you would have preferred later. Much later. You climbed into the bed and pulled out your phone, scrolling on Instagram, waiting for Steve to be finished with the interview.

•••

"Captain, would you care to explain who that was?"
"I'd love to, yeah."

Steve nodded, looking off towards the bedroom briefly and smiling. "That was my wife, Y/N." He took a sip of his water, showing off his ring. Jimmy let out a small gasp and Steve chuckled, setting the glass down. "Captain that's amazing! How long have you two been married?"
"Coming up on 2 years in May."
"And no one knew?"
"The Avengers know and a few other people, but other than that we've kept it on the down low."
"Well that's great, I'm so happy for you. I'm sure a number of the ladies aren't though."

Steve chuckled and nodded, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "If I had to pick again, I'd still choose her. Every time, sorry ladies."
"How romantic. Well, Cap, I don't want to keep you too long. Say hello to your wife for us."
"Alright, have a nice night Jimmy."

He waved and logged off, heading towards the bedroom in which you were currently occupying, knocking on the door. "Y/N? Can I come in?"
"It's your house too you know, Steve."
"I'm going to take that as a yes then."

He pushed the door open and looked at you, his eyes softening as he walked over and sat on the bed beside you. You put your head on his shoulder and he wrapped an arm around your back, rubbing it. "They know now, don't they?"
"Yeah, they know."
"I'm sorry, Steve. It's my fault."
"Hey, don't do that. Don't do the thing where you blame yourself for not being the epitome of perfect. You're perfect for me. Plus, it was going to get out sooner or later."
"What did I do to deserve you?"
"I could ask the same thing about me."

He kissed the top of your head and you sighed contently, smiling softly. "Did you say something stupid?"
"What gave you that idea?"
"Steve, it's you."
"Well that's not very nice."
"Oh you said something stupid."
"Possibly. It depends what your version of 'stupid' is."
"Steve."

You sighed and he laughed before you forced him to recite what he said, pointing out what was stupid. Most of the interview was ok, but once you came into the picture it got a little messy. He obviously wasn't expecting a visitor. You teased him relentlessly about that part.

Eventually it was time for dinner and you were famished. Steve had planned for you to go to the compound and see the team, and you supposed that would be a good idea. You didn't want to leave them, plus they'd berate Steve more than you would.

•••Time Skip•••

You had arrived at the compound with Steve a little past 6 o'clock and boy did he get attacked by the team. They ripped him over the interview, roast after roast. Even Bucky got in on it. You just sat there shaking your head and laughing as Tony fired at him. "Your interview was fine up until Y/N appeared- good job throwing him for a loop by the way- it was so cheesy even Pepper had to turn it off, and you know how much she loves those Hallmark movies."
"Lay off the Captain, Tony. You're the king of bad interviews."
"What does that mean?"
"You had one job after the first Iron Man incident; deny that you were him. What do you do? Stand up in front of hundreds of reporters with running cameras and announce it to the whole world."
"That's not fair, Sam. Not fair at all."
"All I state are facts."

You chuckled and slipped your hand into Steve's as the others continued open firing on him and the interview. He would no longer be known as Captain America. He was now Captain Cheesy, as Tony had affectionately named him. He wasn't getting over that any time soon.