Peter- That My Best Friend, She's A Real Bad Bitch

POV: You and Peter are best friends. He's generally the nice one who tries to solve the conflict, but when that doesn't work you're always quick with a comeback.

I'm adding a character from the comics named Jenny Carson! I don't often reference comic characters unless they're crucial to the plot, and she's not really all that important to the story, I just wanted to add her. I did keep details about her from the comics in the story but she's briefly mentioned in this so it doesn't really matter, I just think it's neat to add characters from the comics sometimes.

There's some cussing, not a lot but there is some, I'm sure you can already see that from the title.

Word Count: 1,082
Type: I don't know what to classify it as again. Sorry
Reader Pronouns: She/her

Your outfit:

•••

You and Peter walked down the halls, talking and laughing at stupid inside jokes you two had. Usually Ned was with you two, but unfortunately he got assigned to help a new student out with the layout of the school and such.

You were one of the only people who knew about Peter's secret identity as Spider-Man, as well as Ned. MJ was pretty close to figuring it out too, and it wouldn't take long for her to piece it together.

You approached your locker and quickly opened it, Peter watching your hands quickly turn the dial on the lock. "How do you do it so fast? It takes me a solid 5 minutes."
"I know how long it takes you, Parker. I'm usually standing beside you."
"Ouch, who spat in your coffee this morning?"

You laughed and grabbed a textbook, shutting the locker and closing the lock. You tucked the book under your arm. "No one spat in my coffee, unless it was you."
"Never! You're scary sometimes."
"Mhm, well I'd be more afraid of your girlfriend than I'd be of me if I were you."
"MJ isn't my girlfriend!"
"Yet."
"Y/N cut it out."

You smiled and walked to your next class together, pushing the door open and heading to your seats. Unfortunately you sat across the room from each other, but that didn't stop you from communicating with each other. Either by text or notes, sometimes even Morse Code. Usually it was about how ridiculous your classmates were being, but sometimes it was about completely other things.

Mrs. Warren walked in and started talking about physics per usual, this was a physics class after all. Shortly after she went over a review she assigned a partner project and you got assigned Flash as a partner, lucky you. Peter got MJ though, so maybe there was still a sliver of hope in the world after all. "This project will be due by the end of the month, that's a week and a half. You'll have work periods for your projects but you won't be able to get it all done here, so exchange numbers, email, whatever it is, with your partner and set up times to work."
"Guess I'm getting your number after all, Y/N."
"If it were up to me, you wouldn't be."
"Flash, Y/N, enough."

You glared at Flash, if looks could kill he would've died minutes ago. Honestly you'd probably have burned holes into the back of his head if you could. He turned back to face Mrs. Warren and you stopped glaring, but glanced at Peter who mouthed 'sorry' to you. She continued talking, but you tuned out after she disclosed the project. You couldn't wait for it to be done with, and you hadn't even started yet.

•••Time Skip•••

You sat with Peter, MJ, Ned, and the new girl- Jenny- at lunch. So far she seemed nice, but had already gotten caught up with Flash. "Hey Y/N, you have a physics project with Flash, right?"
"Don't remind me."
"Sorry, I just wanted to know what he's like."
"How would I describe Flash... Well, he's a huge douchebag who thinks he can get away with anything because of daddy's money."
"He doesn't seem that bad."
"Oh, he is."

Peter and MJ smirked and Ned stifled a laugh. Jenny gave you a small frown but it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. "Trust me, you don't want to get involved with him."
"I'll take your word for it."
"Speak of the devil. It's like we said his name too many times and he just... appears."

You raised an eyebrow at Peter before turning around and groaning internally. Flash was walking towards your table, probably to get your number as you refused to give it to him in class. You put on your best fake, sarcastic smile and prepared for whatever BS would be spewing out of his mouth. "Heyyyyyyy Flash."
"Hey Y/N. I was just thinking, you never did give my your phone number for the project, did you?"
"No, I didn't."
"Well I need it if we're going to get any work done, so would you mind writing it down?"
"Fine, but only because I can't stand the sound of your voice much longer."

You took out a piece of scrap paper and a pen, jotting down your number and handing it to him. He looked at it and pocketed it, giving you a smirk. "Thanks. You know after the project's done I could keep the number and maybe we could go out sometime."
"Oh dear lord no."
"Why not? I'm a great, hot, guy and you're a great, hot, girl. We're perfect for each other."
"Flash, Flash, Flash..."

You swung your legs over the bench and walked towards him, noticing Peter shaking his head subtly at you from the corner of your eye. Flash's smirk faltered a little at your expression as you headed towards him. "You see, the bar was already on the ground for you, yet you're the idiot who thought to bring a shovel. I will never go out with you and I pity any girl who ever would."
"You're a bitch."
"Maybe I am a bitch, but at least I'm not your bitch."

He stood there, shocked at your response while MJ, Ned and Peter laughed behind you. Jenny hesitated at first but joined in a moment later. You flicked your wrist, motioning for him to leave you alone, which be begrudgingly obeyed. You watched him walk off before sitting back down at the table, smirking as the others hyped you up. Peter was the first to speak. "My god, Y/N. Did you see his face?"
"He looked shocked at the fact that you'd say something like that to him."
"I do have a... flare, for the dramatics."

You all laughed and went back to eating your lunch, talking but not about much in particular. Jenny asked lots of questions about the school and you were all happy to help, hoping she'd become a permanent member of your group.

The bell rang and you all parted ways, going to your separate classes. Peter, Ned and MJ to PE, Jenny to Biology, and you to English, unfortunately with Flash. Though you were separated from your friends during that period, you always wound up in Maths together afterwards.

Sure, Midtown High wasn't the most interesting school in the world, but the people made up for it.