Peter- Old Days

POV: You used to be one of the most powerful/feared villains, but you retired early and married Peter, an up-and-coming hero. He's about to be killed, but you pull a few strings.

This is in the future, Peter is 28 in this and you're a year older, 29, because in cannon he's about 17 and I don't really want to write about teenagers being married. I'm not gonna get into WHY, but I have reasons.

Also I usually only write when it's super late so please excuse the sloppy writing, I just finished writing and editing and it it's currently 1:27 AM.

Word Count: 1,797
Type: Angst, sad, angry, your call Boss
Reader Pronouns: She/her

Your outfit:

•••

You drove down the nearly deserted street, the neon signs and your own headlights illuminating your path. Even though it was close to one in the morning, the city was always abuzz.

You had left yours and Peter's apartment after he didn't come home from his patrol. Of course, he could have just run late, but you didn't want to take any chances, so you got dressed and threw on a coat.

You looked down every back alley, just in case he was hiding down there. Finally you decided to call him, he never left for patrol without his phone tucked away somewhere, plus the tech in his suit allowed him to take calls even if he didn't have his phone on him.

You pushed his contact and pressed the 'call' button, hooking it up to the CarPlay and listening to it as it rung until he picked up. "Hey, Pete, where are you? Shouldn't you be done patrol by now?"
"Uh, yeah. Yeah yeah yeah yeah, Just a busy night. I'll be home soon though."
"Oh, alright. Let me know when you're on the wa-"

You heard a crash and car alarm going off in the background on his end, followed by a thud and an 'oof,' which was presumably Peter. "Peter? Are you ok? What's happening?"
"I'm good, just fell while swinging."
"That sounded like you hit a car though. I didn't hear any glass, did you hit the side or something?"
"Yup. Just-"

He didn't finish that sentence before you heard him yell. You opened Find My Phone, knowing you added his suit as one of the devices you tracked. You drove a little further down the street before turning in the direction it said to go. "Peter? You're on 31st Street, right?"
"How'd you know?"
"Tracker. I'm on my way."
"No, Y/N, don't!"
"Save it for later."

You hung up and rounded the corner on 32nd, approaching 31st when you heard the commotion. A car alarm was blaring, people were shouting and groaning as they fought, and the familiar sound of Peter's web shooters.

You put the car in park, climbed out, and ran uphill until you could see everything properly. Webs were hanging from buildings, a fire had somehow been started and you watched as Peter got thrown across the street and into a building using what seemed to be an... antigravity gun? "Peter!"