The Avengers- I Knew Them Once

POV: You were left for dead by the Avengers- the closest thing you had to family- after a failed invasion at a HYDRA base. Years later, you resurface, and the world crumbles in your grasp.

SORRY FOR THE WAIT, IVE BEEN DEPRESSED (per usual) AND HAVE LACKED MOTIVATION. ENJOY THE CRAPPY CHAPTER :)

You're a murderer in this. You kill people so do with that what you will. It also gets SUPER DARK. Like, mass murder, world destruction, suicide dark. Beware and read with caution.

WARNINGS: Murder, gore, suicide, abandonment/kidnapping. Read with caution.
Word Count: 1,765
Type: Dark. That's it. Dark.
Reader Pronouns: She/Her

Your outfit (flashback):

Your outfit (present):

•••The Sandbox, Sudan, 2016•••

"PLEASE! Please, Natasha, don't leave me here."
"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry."
"No, nonono, keep the line alive! You can organize a rescue, come back and get me!"
"I'm sorry, we can't do that without risking everyone else's lives."
"Nat, please. I'm begging you. Don't do this-"

You heard her comms click off, signifying that your last hope had abandoned you, too. Your fiancée. The woman you loved, the one who swore loved you. The one who promised her life to you.

You collapsed to the ground and let out a cry as the HYDRA agent behind the barred door let out a short chuckle. "Your family seems to have abandoned you. How sad."
"They'll come back."
"You know they won't. Even if it's deep down. You know the truth."

He pushed open the door and approached you, kneeling down to your height and lifting your chin. You turned away, but he gently guided your head with his hand, a look of... pity? Plastered across his face. No it couldn't be that. And yet... "Family doesn't leave family behind. One must beg the question, were they ever really your family if they do?"
"They'll come back for me."
"The only one you're lying to here, is you."
"Stop."
"HYDRA can offer you that family. We won't abandon you like they did."
"I already have a family, the Avengers are my family. They'll come back."
"They abandoned this base. They'll leave you in it."
"Liar!"