Steve- My Queen, My Knight (Royal!AU: Pt. 3)

Word Count: 1,330

Part 3, officially my longest running series. Enjoy my rambling, ok? It's really late and I'm tired. I usually only write when it's 11PM- 2AM when I'm alone without distractions.

IM BRINGING SOMEONE BACK FROM THE DEAD, BABY. I honestly don't *love* this character, but the death was so unnecessary, and I know a lot of people do love them. Feel free to guess who it is! If you do guess, no cheating or I will have your head.

(Place guesses HERE)

Your outfit's the same as the last part. Finding the outfits that fit properly for the theme (that I like) is kinda hard so excuse my laziness please.

•••

You woke up sprawled out across the bed, Steve no where in sight. He was probably downstairs doing something. You reluctantly rolled out of bed and ran a brush sitting on the dresser through your messy hair. Thankfully whoever was here last was kind enough to leave supplies behind.

You silently treaded down the stairs, your hand gliding over the banister as you peered into the lower floor where you saw Steve working in the kitchen. You made it to the bottom and headed to the kitchen island, leaning over it as you watched Steve cook. "Whatcha making?"
"Jesus!"

He jumped and spun in surprise, brandishing a very threatening spatula at you. You chuckled and reached out, lowering his arm and weapon with your finger. "Nope, just me. It smells good though."
"Taste of home."

You smiled and he turned back to the stove, pulling two plates from the cupboard and dishing out the food, which you'd now realized was eggs. The kitchen timer went off and he opened the oven door, pulling out flamiche. You clapped quickly. "I love flamiche!"
"I know, turns out there's a garden on the far side of the house tucked behind the water wheel, not sure how the eggs were still fresh though."
"I'm sure it'll be good."

You leaned over the counter to grab a fork, stretching your fingers out but you were just a little too far. Steve chuckled and knocked it towards your outstretched fingers as you triumphantly exclaimed. "Ah-ha! Gotcha."
"I helped."
"And I thank you for it."

You leaned back and slid into a chair as Steve put a plate in front of you, grabbing his own and sitting in the other chair. You dug in immediately, not realizing how hungry you actually were. Steve glanced over at you and put his had on your forearm. "Woah, slow down or you'll choke. I worked hard on those eggs."
"Vere gooph."

You finished chewing and swallowed the eggs, putting your fork down and wiping your mouth with a napkin. Steve laughed. "Sorry. They're good. How did you get eggs, anyways?"
"I dunno, they were just... in the fridge."
"How does the fridge work still?"
"Someone must've maintained it. Left food here in case they need to come back, I guess."
"Is this someone's house then?"
"Well we haven't been chased out with a broom yet so I'm going to say no."
"Maybe, but it's just so... odd, how everything we need is already here."

He nodded and you finished your flamiche, honestly you weren't sure it even existed you ate it so fast. You put your fork on the plate and stood up, taking it in your hands and putting it in the sink. Steve finished soon after and you took his plate from him, pulling out the dish soap and sponge. "You don't have to do that for me."
"You made breakfast, it's the least I can do."
"Y/N-"
"I insist, now shush."

You turned on the sink and started cleaning. Steve watched for a moment before getting up and walking towards you. "No, this is wrong. You're not supposed to do dishes."
"Just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I'm helpless. I know how to wash dishes."

You finished cleaning and started loading them onto the drying rack, there were only a couple to do, Steve had probably done the ones from the days before. You put the sponge and dish soap away and dried your hands on the towel.

You walked over to the couch where Steve had moved to and sat down next to him, resting your head on his shoulder. You two sat in silence for a long time, an unspoken truth filling the void. Your parents were dead. Your brother probably was, too. God, he was only 9.

Steve wrapped his arm around your shoulders knowingly and you just sighed. He'd lost both his parents young, his mother to illness and his father to war. Your parents had practically raised him after that. That was one of the only reasons he because your guard, because your parents trusted him with their lives, of course they trusted him with yours.

You glanced to your left out the window and something caught your eye, you squinted at it but it was gone as soon as it had appeared. You stood up and walked towards the window, trying to look for it. Steve raised an eyebrow at you, confused. "Are you alright?"
"Yeah... just thought I saw something."
"Want me to go check it out?"
"If you're going, I'm going."
"Y/N-"
"I'm not letting you go out into a forest that we have no clue about to chase down some figure that we also know nothing about. Not alone."

He was about to protest but you turned to face him, eyebrows furrowed and a stern look across your face. God, you looked like your mother. Steve knew there was no point in trying to talk you out of it, you were a very driven person, especially when it came to him or anyone you cared about. "Fine, fine. I'll grab my sword."

You nodded triumphantly and he got up, walking over to the front door where his sword was leaning against a wall. He picked it up and you tucked in behind him as he pulled the door open and led you outside. You peeked over his shoulder, the dew covered grass pressing against your bare feet. You probably should have put shoes on. "Where'd you see it?"
"Over there, next to the giant maple tree."
"Thanks, that helps a lot. Not like we're in a forest or anything."
"Oh shut up."

You heard him chuckle and headed towards the tree you'd pointed to, sword raised. He took a deep breath then swung around the side, pointing it at nothing. You stepped out from behind him and looked down, noticing a small leather bag, honestly it was more of a pouch. Steve lowered his sword and you bent down, picking it up. "So someone was here."
"Watching us?"
"Probably."

You heard a rustle behind you and before you could turn, you felt something cool pressed against the back of your head. Steve stood immediately and faced the figure, sword raised, but you didn't dare turn. "Cool it, Blondie. No one gets hurt if you answer my questions."
"Why should we?"
"Because if you don't,"

The object, which you now figured was a sword or dagger, pushed harder against you and you hissed, it was right at the nape of your neck. "I'll kill her, and you. So, do we have a deal?"
Steve hesitated a moment before, "Fine. Deal."
"Good."

The object released and you stood quickly, turning to face the figure but tucking your body behind Steve. You felt his hand instantly go backwards and wrap around your waist, protecting you. You rubbed the back of your neck with the hand that wasn't resting on his shoulder.

You could see them now. A girl, about your age. Red hair, a black cloak and dress with a leather belt. A dagger with a ruby encrusted at the hilt that she was twirling in her fingers, keeping her eyes locked with Steve's.

You glanced off into the distance and spotted someone else, a boy this time. The pair was so different in appearance, like fire and ice. His hair was lighter than Steve's, he was wearing blue and grey, but instead of a dagger he had multiple throwing knives fashioned to his belt. He was leaning against a tree, arms crossed staring at you. His eyes, even from afar, were bright blue and stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the red and orange scenery of the fall forest around you.

The girl spoke again, turning to you and pushing down Steve's blade with her own. She tilted her head as she spoke. "Let's go inside, shall we? We can have a little... talk."

Marvel Imagines/One Shots (Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara