The Avengers- Mistakes

POV: You're not having a good day and make a lot of mistakes on a mission because of it. Thankfully, Christmas can cheer you up.

Btw, all the "quirks" I point out for Tony I've had pointed out about myself, so I thought I'd incorporate them into the story just for the sake of it.

Word Count: 1,006 kinda short (compared to my other ones) but again I'm stressed about the holidays and rushing so enjoy.
Type: Funny ig
Reader Pronouns: She/her

Your outfit (I cannot handle when women wear shirts like this- I'm gay I know but DAMN- I simply pass away):

•••

It's safe to say the mission didn't go how you planned it out. You forgot to fasten the grappling hook to your belt loop and almost fell to your icy death- like Steve should have in the 40's- forgot to reload your pistol, nearly getting yourself killed and the only thing stopping them from shooting you was your powers, and once you did reload your gun, the safety was on.

You climbed off the Quinjet, duffel bag thrown over your shoulder. You did end up accomplishing your mission, but it didn't matter. The trail of mistakes you left in your wake was greater than the reward.

Nat greeted you at the door to the compound, a stone cold/pissed expression plastered across your face. You swung the bag off your shoulder and threw it at her, walking into the compound and giving her the silent treatment. "So, that bad, huh?"

You didn't respond as she trailed behind you. She snooped through the bag, pulling out empty and full magazines, half eaten granola bars, some gear (with some minor breakage), and your suit that you had changed out of on the plane for Tony's party. He always had to have some sort of party, but the fact that it was a Christmas party made things ever so slightly better. She stuffed everything back in the duffel bag. "Sooo, you're giving me the silent treatment, huh?"
"Not just you, everyone."
"She speaks!"

You rounded the corner into the living space where the party was being set up and Nat threw the bag onto a chair nearby, not realizing Bruce was taking a nap in it until a loud "Oomph!" Was heard as he abruptly awoke.

You collapsed on the couch and shut your eyes, groaning while Nat apologized to Bruce for hitting him. "The day of the Christmas party, I get put on a mission. Why couldn't it wait?!"
"Uh, because we could only do it now?"
"Stop using real logic on me, you know my brain isn't wired that way."
"It's not like this mission was a surprise though, it was planned for-"
"Shut up, Bruce."
"Shutting up."

You leaned your head back and pounded your fist against the cushion in frustration, accidentally triggering your powers and causing a bauble on the tree to shatter and one of the decorators to yelp. You looked up and apologized, folding your hands in your lap. "I'm sorry! Sorry, just... frustrated, is all."

The worker grumbled at you and continued working while another started to clean the mess you'd left in your wake. Nat raised an eyebrow at you. "You sure you're ok?"
"No. Not entirely."

You paused for a second before shouting out again, scaring the same worker. "Hey, FRIDAY? Where's Tony?" Her automated voice clicked on. "He's in his lab, would you like me to get him for you?"
"No, no that's alright. I'll go up there, I need to repair some of my gear, anyways. Thank you."
"My pleasure."

She clicked off and you stood, grabbing the bag from Nat and rifling through it to find your suit and gear, throwing the bag back and running up the stairs with your stuff. You arrived in the lab and threw everything down on the table, scaring Tony slightly. "Geez everyone's so jumpy today. Anyways, I broke the stupid clip on my grappling hook and somehow messed up the comms in my suit, the wiring probably got cut or singed. Can you fix it?"
"Merry Christmas to you too, how's Pepper and Morgan? Oh they're great thanks, how was your mission? It was-"
"Yeah yeah, can you fix it or not?"
"I can fix it, yes."
"Thanks, Tony."

He abandoned his post worth the holograms and slid over to you on his roller chair, picking up the suit and letting out a low whistle as he took a look at the damaged comms. You glanced at the suit and realized it wasn't just the comms, but the whole suit that was in rough shape. "What happened here?"
"Fight with a knife, explosions I wasn't planning on, fire, a very unfair fight with super soldiers- basically I picked a whole bouquet of whoopsie daisies."
"I can see that... And the hook?"
"Didn't latch properly, got caught on a railing on the way up or something."

He nodded and got to work immediately while you pulled up a chair, resting your head on your arms and your arms on the table. You passed Tony some tools every now and again, but mostly just watched.

You loved to watch Tony tinker and work in his lab, he had little quirks that you picked up on all the time. When he was focused he stuck out his tongue, when he was frustrated he rubbed the spot behind his ear subconsciously, and when he celebrated a success he would drum on the table.

You had been sitting and watching him for a while before you chuckled as you saw his tongue starting to poke out of his mouth. "What's up?"
"Nothing, you just do this little... thing, when you're focused."
"What do I do."
"Nothing."
"Well if you're laughing then it's obviously something!"
"Forget I said anything."
"I can't now!"

You laughed and stood up, pushing your stool back in and heading towards the door. "I've got to go finish getting ready with Wanda and Nat, I'll see you at the party, ok?"
"Alright, but you better tell me what I do later!"
"Sir yes sir!"

You saluted and he chuckled as you left the lab, heading down the hall back to your bedroom where Wanda and Nat were already waiting for you. "Hey guys, you ready for the party?"
"Yeah, we are going to be so sexy!"

You laughed and high-fived them, sitting down as they put on a fashion show for you and you helped them pick the outfits. The mission may have been a colossal failure, but knowing Tony, at least the party wouldn't be. Thank god for Christmas.