Chapter Twelve

Excuse the mistakes!!

It's been a few weeks since they made it home back in Detroit. Even though Ailani didn't want to leave Jamaica she was happy that she was home with her family and dog. She walked downstairs and peeped in the kitchen seeing it was empty so she walked across the foyer, heading to the living room seeing her mother sitting on the couch scrolling through their tablet.

"Hey mommy" she sung, getting her attention.

"Hey baby" Santana smiled taking her eyes off the screen for a quick second. She glanced over at her daughter who sat down next to her. "Wassup?" She questioned as Ailani laid her head on her lap.

"Can you rub my scalp? I took out them braids and my scalp need some loving"

"Sure Ailani" she giggled, placing her tablet down.

"What was you doing?"

"Doing online shopping, spending up your father's money" she chuckled and Ailani lightly laughed feeling her moms hands rub through her hair. "Your hair feels very soft"

"I use the stuff your bought me, it brought my curls back to life"

"I see, it looks so healthy"

Ailani closed her eyes, relaxing her mind and body as her mom rubbed through her thick mane, massaging her scalp. "Mommy?" She called out.

"Yeah?"

"How old were you when you and daddy got married?"

"I was like twenty three, I believe"

"Twenty three? Oh my gosh you were so young"

Santana chuckled, "Yeah, I know but we was in love. I still love him but he gets on my damn nerves" she laughed.

"How old was daddy?"

"Twenty eight, his old ass" she answered making Ailani laugh lightly. "Why are you asking me?"

"No reason" she lied.

"Ailani?"

"Nothing it just that, Zyair mentioned marriage-"

"What do you mean?" Santana questioned, cutting her off.

Ailani sigh, sitting up on the couch, "On our trip to Jamaica we were talking in the pool just me and him and it just came up-"

"Ailani you just turned nineteen-"

"I know"

"You still have a whole life ahead of you"

"Mommy I know but I'm not getting married right now you gotta calm down" Ailani laughed at her mother's face.

"This is serious Ailani, stop laughing" Santana told her playfully slapping her arm.

"I know but I do love him and I know he loves me but I know...I'm not ready for marriage" Ailani admitted. "We was just talking about it"

"Do you see yourself being married to Zyair?"

"Yeah, he's my first everything, I just don't want to rush into things because what if our relationship doesn't work out"

"You think you and him isn't going to last long?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "It's not that, it's just we are still young, there's so much more out there for us to grow, what if one day we do decide to break up and go our separate ways"

"I get what you are saying one hundred percent but you never know what the future holds Lani"

"I know"