Chapter Thirty-Six

Excuse the mistakes!

Ailani and her mother walked into the warm indoor balcony holding their mugs of their favorite morning tea. Santana made herself a cup of mint tea with honey while Ailani made herself a red hibiscus tea with honey and lemon. Still wearing their pajamas, this was something they did before Ailani moved out. Sit down, drink tea and talk about what's been going on.

"I feel like we haven't done this in forever." Santana smiled sitting down in the chair staring out at the view. "What's been going on?"

Ailani carefully sipped her drink feeling the hot tea warm up her stomach. "Nothing really. I'm still working on my cookbook."

"How's everything with you and Zyair?"

Ailani took a deep breath before taking another sip. "We're good it's just that...I hate when he gets in one of those moods and he shuts me out."

"I see he's trying to work on his ways."

Ailani chuckled, shaking her head. "Zyair will always be Zyair, so I honestly don't expect much change from him."

"Oh don't say that-"

"It's true. Zyair only changes maybe a few weeks and he's back to his normal self."

"What's going on between you two?"

"Nothing, I'm just saying." She mumbled.

"Ailani he's still young. He's still learning and maturing."

"Did daddy talk to you about him last night?" She asked getting straight to the point.

Santana sipped her tea thinking about how she will answer the question. Her and King tell each other everything so she knew about the conversation. "Yeah, why?"

"Zyair wont tell me. He never tells me anything when it comes to him and daddy anymore."

"Well Ailani that's between them. When he did tell you it was causing more stress on you-"

"Yeah but I should still know. Him and daddy are weird-"

"Ailani I understand that, I do but sometimes you have to let grown men be and handle their business." Santana explained. "You been emotional lately. Are you getting your period?"

"It's supposed to be coming."

"Ailani..."

"Mom, I'm not pregnant. I track my period and ovulation." She lightly snapped, growing annoyed.

"What's wrong Ailani?"

"I feel like you're starting to become like daddy. Like you don't trust me anymore ever since I got pregnant and...miscarried." Ailani finally expressed her feelings. "When it comes to using protection, and drinking..." she took a deep breath, looking at the view. "I made a mistake and I'm trying to prove to you, daddy and everyone else that I can actually take care of myself."

"Oh Lani I do trust you and I know you can do anything on your own." Santana expressed. "My concern was you drinking at home trying to forget what happened to you. You been through so much trauma, similar to what I've been through and I started drinking a lot more that when I found out I was pregnant with you I was already two months. Girl I was scared I damaged you cause I was drinking patron right out the bottle." She admitted. "I just don't want you to feel like you need it to cope. I'm here for you."