Chapter Four

Excuse the mistakes!

Ailani walked inside the hotel room seeing rose petals scattered on the floor. She stopped walking and looked back at Zyair who had a smirk on his face.

"What is this Zy?" She smiled.

"Keep walking" he demanded. Just when she turned around he pulled out his phone and started to record her. Ailani followed the roses petals further into the room seeing more roses scattered on the bed along with a big red rose bear and a small black gift bag. She turned around and seen him putting his phone away. "Open it" he chuckled.

She placed her bag down on the floor and grabbed one of the gift bags. She pulled out a small box and froze looking up at him.

"Zy?" She looked over at him.

"Just open it" he smiled. Ailani lifted the top and was in awe staring down at the rose gold Diamond ring and she felt like her heart skipped a beat. "I thought I'll upgrade the promise ring I got for you when you was sixteen"

"I like it, it's pretty" she smiled. "Thank you"

"Your welcome" He said removing the ring out the box. He gently grabbed her hand and took off the old ring and slid the new ring on her finger. She looked down at it and frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I got something to tell you" she sigh, sitting down on the bed. "Sit down" she told him and he did. "So when I got back from New York..." she took a deep breath feeling her eyes water. "I wasn't feeling good so I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive" Zyair eyes went to her stomach but since she was wearing an oversized hoodie he couldn't tell. "When I went to the doctors I was about ten weeks but the heartbeat was faint" she continued. "I ended up miscarrying three weeks later"

Zyair squinted his eyes staring at Ailani. "You just now telling me this"

"I'm sorry, I really didn't know how to tell you Zy" she admitted. She got up and picked up up her bag placing it down into her bed, grabbing the sonogram picture of the small fetus. "I kept this for you though" she continued passing it to him.

"Damn" he mumbled looking at the sonogram picture. "Why you never said anything Lani?" He asked looking up at her.

"I didn't know how to tell you over the phone and you were worried about your mom-"

"And your my girl I would've took the first flight here to come be with you!! You and I both know you shouldn't have went through that shit alone"

"I'm fine Zy-"

"Are you?" He questioned cutting her off.

"Y-Yes" she stuttered.

"You really going to look me in my eye and lie right now?" He questioned her. "I can tell something is wrong, talk to me babe"

Ailani took a deep breath. She finally decided to tell him how she truly felt about the situation. "I know I shouldn't but I blame myself a lot about what happen" she admitted feeling the tears streaming down her face.

"Why? You shouldn't-"

"Cause I should've paid attention to the signs, I was constantly drinking and taking the pill late-"

"Yo chill with that shit" he said cutting her off. "It's not your fault-"

"You don't understand Zy" she cried getting his attention. He jumped up off the bed and walked up to her.

"Look at me, this wasn't your fault" he said wiping her tears away. "Maybe it wasn't the right time for us to have a baby. Everything happens for a reason right-"