Chapter Thirty

Excuse the mistakes!!

"How long you and Zyair been together?" Kaylyn  asked Ailani while they chilled in the living room. It's been a couple of days since they landed and Zyair and Ezra been glued at the hip ever since. Both ladies let the guys to do their own thing knowing they haven't seen one another in a while.

"Three, almost four years"

"Oh wow"

"How about you and Ezra?"

Kaylyn put her head down staring at the drink in her hand. "Uhh...we aren't together. Ezra has a problem with committing."

"Oh, I'm-"

"Am I dumb? Do you think I'm dumb?"

"What?" Ailani questioned.

"I'm sorry that was off guard but I'm messing with a guy who doesn't want to date me but doesn't want me to talk to other guys"

"Does he mess with other girls?"

"He says he don't but Ezra is a dog ass nigga. Total opposite of Zyair. I caught him a couple of times talking to other girls in his phone so my trust with him is rocky. He's the first and only guy I been with and I don't know..." she sigh sadly. "My sister and my friends keep telling me to leave him alone but I just can't" Kaylyn vented. Ailani felt like Kaylyn had a lot on her chest so she sat quietly being the listening ear without judging her. "My dad hates him and is mad at me cause I still came to Detroit with him. I'm sorry for spilling all this on you-"

"Girl it's okay. If it makes you feel any better my dad hates Zyair too"

"Really?"

"Yeah girl they can't be around each other for five minutes without arguing"

"Oh wow. How do you deal with it?"

"It's annoying but there's nothing I can do at this point. I tried to talk to Zyair about just showing a little respect and he's not with it. I just have to accept it" Ailani answered.

"I don't know if I can...I love my dad but I also love Ezra. He's always been there for me even before we got intimate. I just don't know what to do..."

"I mean I would just say follow your heart. I'm still with Zyair even though my dad doesn't want me with him but Zyair is different"

"How?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure you see what kind of lifestyle I live"

"Yeah I know what Ezra does."

"Well my father is basically like the king of Detroit and growing up, I watched men be afraid of my father like grown ass men pissing themselves, stuttering when he was around and would stepped to them. That's how much power my dad has but when Zyair came around he wasn't scared of him you know what I mean? And that was new to me. At age...I was like sixteen when I watch Zyair stand face to face to my father while he was being rude to him. Zyair didn't flinch, move or nothing. When I graduated I invited Zyair to my dinner and my dad was like what the fuck be doing here? So I was got nervous I'm like oh shit Zyair tells my father I'm supposed to be here is that a problem?"