The Case

//Yibo//
________

Han Ge was staring at me and Zhan back and forth. We were sitting in front of him in his office. He narrowed his eyes at me when he scanned the red marks and the band aids on our noses. We both were silent and he kept watching us.

"Can anybody explain?" He finally asked and we both looked at him but we still were silent.

"Yibo," he completely regarded me.

"What?" I frowned.

"What is this all?" I felt like him accusing me. Well, most of it was my fault. But still, I didn't like his stare at me like that.

"Yesterday night we had a fight with a thief Ge." I heard Zhan answering.

Me and Han Ge looked at him and he smiled brightly at Han Ge.

I shrugged when Han Ge turned to me again.

I saw Ge sighing before leaning forward on that table.

"So, Yibo, Zhan said you want your ID back."

I looked at Han Ge before glancing a smiling Zhan.

I didn't reply but nodded.

"So, you are in." That was mostly a question and I had to nod again.

"So, you two are ready to work together "

"I'm ready Sir." I heard Zhan saying.

"Only if I don't have work under him."

"You don't worry. You don't have to be under me if you don't want. I can do it in both ways. I'm flexible."

I gaped at Zhan when I heard him. What the fuck he just said?!!!!

He grinned with a wink just before shrugging.

"Pervert" I muttered.

"Ahm... Zhan," that was a warning call from Han Ge and I saw Zhan frowning innocently at him.

"Can we just discuss about the case?" Han Ge asked and we both nodded.

"Zhan," Han Ge looked at Zhan. I saw Zhan opening a file. He placed it on the table.

"I was doing undercover for this case for almost One month."

"Why that Bar?" It was Han Ge"

"The first murder was at a pool of a resort, the second one was at a house, the third one was at a railway station toilet...."

I saw Zhan sighing before continue.

"....And the last one was at a foot path. All of our victims were gay and these whole locations were so close to this bar."

"You think these murders have something to do with that bar?" Han Ge interrupted Zhan.

"I think so Sir. Even Yibo also felt that. Isn't Yibo?"

He looked at me for an answer. That was true. I also felt that way.

I nodded at them.

"We have nothing to connect these murders other than the notes he left." Han Ge stated.

"There is no connection between these victims. They all are in differen ages. The first one was 26, second one was 42 , third one was 20 and the fourth one was just 19. They weren't friends or we don't have any proof of that. But something is invisibly connecting them." Zhan said.

"They were gay. That is the only common thing about them." Han Ge said.

"You are saying he is doing a random hunt?" Zhan asked.

"Maybe." I finally decided to join them. They both looked at me.

"Or Maybe not." I continue. "This guy, the killer, he wants to say something. He is leaving these notes behind his every kill because he wants attention. He wants us to know. He wants us to search for him. He wants to tell us something." I completed.

"'Yumraj' means 'The king of death'.... So what he want to convey through that?" Han Ge curiously looked at me.

"That we don't know yet. Mostly, these types of killers are..."

"Pure Psycho" Zhan completed my sentence and I nodded at him in agreement before I spoke again.

"There are two possibilities. One, he is killing for his entertainment. He kills these random gay guys just for fun. And the second..."

"He is killing them for a purpose. If it is the case then there must be something that connecting these people. There must be a common fact."Zhan once again completed my words and honestly I was impressed and I nodded at him again.

"We don't have any evidence of their connection. The first victim was a Dance master, second one was a Doctor, the third one was a collage student and the fourth one was a school boy. Until we don't get any connecting facts, I think we have to stick with that first possibility." Han Ge said.

"No!" Me and Zhan said in unison. We both look at each other and we turned to see a frowning Han Ge.

"My heart says Something is really there that connecting these whole people." Zhan leaned forward to that table.

"We need valid evidence Zhan not what your heart said." Han Ge shrugged at Zhan.

"That's what we need to find." I shrugged at Ge.

"Why are you both being so stubborn to this second possibility?" Han Ge wondered.

Me and Zhan both looked at each other and Zhan shrugged "Maybe we trust our hearts." Zhan said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay, we will try to find that common fact. If we could find that out, maybe we can find him and stop him very fast. Or If this is all are a random hunt then, catching him will be difficult." I leaned forward.

Han Ge nodded at us.

"So, Zhan, are you continuing your undercover mission?"

"Yes, Sir. I have my doubts on some guys. But I need to find out more stuffs. I need a little more time." Zhan said.

"I hope Tim can find it out soon because we are running out of time Zhan." Han Ge said to Zhan.

Zhan nodded "I know."

"Yibo," Han Ge regarded me.

"I hope you can do this. I hope you won't disappoint me."

I didn't answer. I just stared at him lazily.

"Ahm... He won't Sir. Let me handle him." I heard Zhan and this time he really got a glare from me.

"I'm not insane and I can handle myself pretty well. Let me be in this case, only if you trust me." I stood up and regarded Han Ge.

"I do." Han Ge said after staring at me for a second.

He placed my ID on that table and I grabbed it.

"You know having that in your Jacket's pocket is a big responsibility. Drinking all the time and....."

I stormed out of that room before Han Ge could finish his sentence. I hate his speeches. I hate when people call me a drunken ass. Am I ? Maybe a little but not really a pretty bad drunken ass.

"Where the hell are you going?" I heard Zhan and I turned to see him running after me.

He was panting when he stood in front of me.

"So, Partners?" He extended his hand for a hand shake with a friendly smile.

I was considering it inside my brain but that's when that asshole said that with that evil grin.

"Trust me I'm more than anything you need right now."

----------