Broken Things

//Zhan//
________

I was enjoying his glare he was giving me when I asked for a handshake. Actually, my intention wasn't a handshake. Just getting on his nerves I found so funny recently.

He turned again and walked towards his bike. I sighed and rolled my eyes before running after him again.

"Well, it's okay if you don't wanna touch my cute hand by the way where are you going now?"

I saw him looking sideways and frowning at me when he walked. But he didn't bother to reply. He climbed on his bike and started it before regarding me.

"Can I get your number?" I asked when I walked a little close to his bike.

I saw him narrowing his eyes at me before putting on his helmet.

"We need to be in 'touch' you know. It's for official purposes." I shrugged at him and made an innocent face.

He was staring at me suspiciously and he looked so cute in that moment.

"Hey, you can't go like that." I grabbed a handle of his bike and I immediately got a slap in my arms.

"I have told you, DON'T TOUCH MY BIKE." He growled and I gaped at him before I laugh out.

I saw him narrowing his eyes at me.

"Okay Angry Bird. Cool down. Ahmm....Can I see you tonight?" I asked and he completely ignored my question.

"See you tonight...." I was calling out when his bike moved fast from where I stood.

"....I hope." I said to myself and mused.

It was almost 11.45 pm and I was wandering around the streets near that bar. I was in my black hoodies.

Everyone I saw that streets were suspicious to me even....

"Yibo?" I was confused.

"Yibo, is that you?" I called out but he didn't hear.

I saw him walking through the footpath and I realized he was in his phone. He was walking, steps unsteady, sometimes stopping and sighing. From the body language he used, I guessed he was trying to convince something to someone. I crossed the road and I walked towards him. When I got near, I heard him shouting and in a blink of an eye, his phone was at that road. Scattered.

"Awww that was really..... Sexy" I blurted.

That's when he turned and It was clear that he caught completely off guard for a moment. He stared at me, shocked.

"You are now looking at me like Aladin. Do I look like a Genie to you?" I frowned at him.

But I couldn't even blink when he grabbed my shirt and pulled me close. He was so angry and I could smell the alcohol all over him and I found his eyes so shiney..... Or was that glimpse of tears?

He was a little smaller than me in height but not too small. I am sure that he must be younger than me too. But he was fierce and I liked it.

"Are you following me?" He was glaring at me and I stopped looking at his perrrfect lips when he shook me by my shirt.

"What?" I chuckled at him.

I grabbed his wrists and pulled away his hands from my shirt.

"What are you talking about? Why would I follow you? I just saw you here and I came to say a 'Hi'"

He stared at me for a few more seconds just before averting his eyes. He tried to pull out his hands from my hold but I gripped tightly. I got another glare when he tried again.

"Leave me you...."

"Are you alright?" I didn't let him complete.

That question suddenly made him pause for a moment but I saw the irritating coming back into him again.

"None of your business." He again tried to pull away from my grip.

"Yes, it is. You are my partner now and this is also my business."

"Leave my hands or...."

"Make me." I pulled him closer by his hands and I saw his eyes widening at me. He was looking at me without blinking and I saw that anger fading. It replaced by something else like..... Sadness?. He averted his eyes.

"Yibo,..."

He looked again and I couldn't find anger in his face.

"Are you alright?"

He kept staring at me and I found his hands getting soft and even his face too.

"Just let me go." He said. It was barely audible. I was really wondered to see those expression changes in him. This guy is really really something and I found myself getting him more interesting.

I felt pity on him and I let his hands go.

"Fuck" he cursed and searched for those pieces of his phone. I helped him and he didn't even say a thanks before walking out of there.

I didn't see his bike anywhere near there. His steps were so week and I found myself tailing him on that empty street.

He found a chair on that sidewalk and he rested there. I silently went and sat near him and he wasn't even looking at me.

"You should not follow me." He said. His voice was calm but I could feel a sorrow in that. I was still looking at him.

"I don't know why but I'm attracted to broken things, I'm sorry. Can't help" I shrugged with a smile and that's when he looked at me. His eyes and face were expressionless. He blinked twice before looking away.

"I can't give you my phone even if it's broken."

"I wasn't talking about your stupid phone."

That's when I got another look from him. This time his eyes were wide and it blinked a lot at me.

-----------