The Mask

//Zhan//
________

"You really loved her right?"

I asked when we parted. I was wrapped my arms around his waist and his hands were still cupping my face.

I looked up at him and when I met his eyes, he held my gaze.

I don't know what he thinks about me. He never had feelings for guys before and it's only me. But I don't think he is feeling exactly the same what I feel for him. He is not gay, maybe he is Bi and maybe one day he will find a girl. Maybe one day he will walk away from my life because he didn't make any promises to me yet and I haven't asked anything from him too.

When he absently stroked his thumps on my chin, I blinked.

I know I'm going to get hurt. But I couldn't help but sink into the feeling of the present. Maybe one day Special Agent Wang Yibo will break my heart but until then I have him, so, I want to have as much as I can.

"I did once." He admitted. That statement didn't hurt me. I knew it already.

I smoothed my palms on his waist and he didn't let go of my face yet.

"Why did you break up?"

"She cheated on me and when I caught her with another guy on a pub, she said she doesn't love me."

I saw him heaving another sigh and I had to smooth my palms again.

"I can't completely blame her." He added.

"And why is that?" I raised my brow.

"I wasn't a good boyfriend you know. I am not a warm person. I'm really not a boyfriend material." He chuckled humourless.

I stared at him and I couldn't believe what he just said. He said he is not a warm person? Not a boyfriend material?

I looked over at that dinner table and those dishes he made for me.

"I might disagree." I mumbled.

He followed my gaze and there was a light smile on his lips when he shook his head.

"Have you ever cooked anything for her?" I asked and the deep in my heart I wanted him to say No. But he nodded and I hide my disappointment.

"I see." I think I really couldn't hide it though.

His eyes lingered on me and these moments felt so good.

"What is in your hideous head.?" I asked after a few seconds.

His one hand reached on my shoulder and he squeezed it when he spoke.

"Last night...." He trailed off.

My heart did a summersault.

"Don't tell me that you are sorry you asshole." I blurted and I saw him smiling on that.

"Why would I be sorry? You are the one who started it all." He said and I gaped at him.

"What? Me? No! You are the one who attacked me first."

"I'm not talking about last night." He glared slightly, tilting his head to the side.

I gaped at him again.

He traced his hand to the back of my head and he stroked my hair.

"I warned you like 1000 times, to not flirt with me. You didn't listen. Now it's all your fault. So frankly, I'm not sorry for attacking you last night and I regret that I didn't fuck you"