Memory Card

//Zhan//
_________

I reached for my phone; it was ringing loudly on the bedside table. I picked up that current call even without opening my eyes. I slept so late last night so I was too sleepy.

"Hel..."

"Wake up and get down. I'm at this coffee shop near your apartment."

I snapped open my eyes and I looked at my display before I bringing my phone back to my ear.

"Wait.... Is this ..."

"Yes, this is and Make it quick."

I heard a beep and I sat up immediately on my bed. What the hell on earth. Did Yibo call me this early in the morning... Only if you can call 9.30 am 'Early'.

I ran to my bathroom. I was super confused and excited too. Why would have he called me? How did he get my number? Did he just ask my number from Han Ge? How did he ask it? And why the coffee shop? He should have come to my apartment. Maybe he doesn't wanna blow my cover.

That's when I realized I should not blow my cover. I picked up my baseball cap, sun glass and a white mask.

I was running down the steps and I finally reached the coffee shop. The strong aroma of coffee made my stomach growl and I was happy because I was going to eat breakfast with this grumpy cat.

I opened the glass door and I searched for Yibo. I found him. He was reading a newspaper and that's when I realized he wasn't alone there. I walked towards them. I couldn't see the face of that guy sitting in front of Yibo and Yibo wasn't looking at me yet.

"Good morning" I greeted when I reached their table.

Yibo finally looked up from that newspaper to regard me.

"Good morning Tim. Have a seat." The other guy smiled brightly at me and I had to look at Yibo.

Yibo did read my stare and he folded that newspaper before introducing that other young man to me.

"This is Jackson. My friend."

I looked back at this Jackson guy. He is definitely a charming one and I couldn't help but narrow my eyes at him before putting my bag on that table and grab a seat.

It was a round table and we three were sitting like a triangle. We all looked at each other and it was silent before Jackson started talking.

"Hello Zhan, I'm work in traffic department." Jackson leaned to me before speaking.

I looked at him in shock and my eyes snapped at Yibo. I looked around to find if anyone watching us or not before leaning towards Yibo to whisper.

"What the fuck are you doing? You wanna blow my cover?"

"No, you can trust him." Yibo whispered back.

I looked back at Jackson. He was looking at us with wide bright eyes.

"How can you say that?" I was so annoyed at the moment but I tried my best to keep my voice out of reach from that Jackson guy.

"Because he is my friend and he is here to help us" Yibo maintained the same voice.

I smiled evenly brighter at Jackson before grabbing Yibo's Jacket.

"Will you excuse us for a second please?" I didn't wait for his answer when I stood up and made Yibo do the same. I heard an 'Its ok guys' from Jackson when I dragged Yibo to a little far away from there.

Yibo tried to protest first but he did obey.

"Take your hands off me" Yibo pulled away his jacket from my hand and looked annoyed.

Okay. I was evenly annoyed.

"What exactly is your plan?" I asked.

"I wanted to introduce him."

"For what?"

"He is my friend and he is a help"

"He is a cop."

"Yeah, so what?"

"You brought a cop here to introduce me. Do you want to blow my cover?"

"No one here knows him"

"How do you know that?"

I saw Yibo rolling his eyes. He pursed his lips when he put his hands on either of his hips. He regarded me before speaking.

"I didn't mean that. I'm sorry I brought him here. I won't do that again. Please just listen what he has to tell us."

I considered what he just said. The hot head is just apologized. That was good. And I looked back at Jackson and he was flirting with a waitress.

"You sure he is a help?" I asked without taking my eyes from Jackson.

"Trust me." Yibo said before tapping my shoulder.

He walked towards our table and I followed him.

We sat and order some coffee.

"So, Jackson, why are you here anyway?" I asked when I Sipped my coffee.

"He has an information." Yibo said.

Jackson fished in his bag and grabbed something. He handed it to me. I opened that little box and it was a memory card.

I picked it up and looked at Jackson for an explanation.

"I got this from near a petrol pump."

"What is in it?" I asked in curiosity.

"You " Yibo was the one who answered.

"What?" I looked at him, puzzled.

"I saw a lot of picture of you in this with a guy. I recognized the other guy from the newspapers."

"Nit?" My eyes widened.

"Yes. Him. I immediately contacted Yibo"

"This memory card could be your friend's" Yibo pointed out.

"Okay Gentlemen. I gotta go. Let me know if you need any help of mine."

Jackson said good bye to us and we said thank you before he go.

I looked at Yibo and he was staring at me.

"He is a help." I nodded at him.

"I told you." He shrugged his shoulders.

Suddenly Yibo's phone buzzed.

"Hello Han Ge." He said.

"Okay. Got it." He hung up the call before regarding me.

"We got permission to check the house of our 4th victim." He said before standing up.

"Okay." I stood up with him.

"You don't have to come with me if you don't wanna blow your cover." Yibo said suggestively.

"Don't worry. I know how to cover my 'cover'" i tapped on my bag with a smirk before giving Yibo a Wink.

I followed him to the road and I saw him walking towards his bike.

"When did you get your bike back?" I was surprised. Because I remember yesterday night he grabbed a taxi.

"The last i saw you grabbing a taxi." I chuckled at him.

"And now 'You' are gonna grab a taxi!" He climbed on his bike.

"What?.... Why?... Why can't I come with you?" I pointed on his bike.

"I won't allow strangers on my bike. You Should grab a taxi and make it quick. Han Ge will forward the address to you."

He started the bike and I looked at him in disbelief.

That's when he said that with that fuking smirk on his lips

"I will be waiting baby. Make it fast."

He roared off and I was standing there even without blinking. Did that asshole called me 'Baby'!!!!! Seriously!!!!

--------