Vinegar

//Yibo//
________

I went to see Xuan after leaving Zhan's house. He wanted to see me and handed me some files regarding the case of Ming, our second victim.

When I reached back at the agency, I went straight to see Zhan. I wanted to discuss about this file but I couldn't see him in our cabin.

Yeah, we both have a cabin. Actually, it was mine. Han Ge allowed him on there since we are partnered so, it's our cabin now. We barely sit there though.

I grabbed my phone to call him but Suddenly I got a call from Han Ge instead. I picked up the call and he told me to come to his office.

I put back my phone into my pocket while I rush towards his office and the first thing, I saw was Zhan, in front of Han Ge's office.

A little nervousness hit me when I thought about what did happen this morning. But I tried to push away the thoughts and tried to make a professional approach.

'Yibo, do not think anything inappropriate right now. Just be you.' I repeated in my head.

He was standing there by the window and I decided to go to him straight.

He turned to my side and regarded me. But instead of being flirty, his face was a little bit serious. I was frowning when I stood in front of him.

There wasn't that bright smile and red face but a cold stare.

Hm... Strange.

"I was...."

"Why didn't you pick up my calls?" I couldn't finish what I was about to say and this question of him made me gape for a few seconds.

"What?" I did hear him clearly earlier but I stupid did ask again.

I saw him taking a breath of frustration before asking it again.

"I did call you. But you didn't answer. Why. And stop playing deaf with me. I know you are not."

What? Is he mad at me?

"Yeah, I am not and I didn't pick up your call but I am sure I did a message in return." I replied almost in his same tone. Why am I afraid anyway ?! He doesn't need to talk to me like that. I was going to tell him something important and he is doing what? Being b!tchi !!

"Yeah sure. You did. You did send me a message saying 'Im busy, I will call you later'. But did you?"

"I was about to do that but..."

"When?"

"Just a few minutes before but Han Ge called me and..."

"You tried to call me when you got here.!!"

"........Yeah.... I was...Ah... I couldn't.." I begin to stutter and suddenly he raised a hand to stop me. I did.

I was staring him and is this assh@le really mad at me for that.

I saw him taking a sigh again.

"Were you gone to meet Pick?"

"Yeah." And what is that cold tone for?

"Did he get anything about Ming.?"

"Yeah. He did get."

"Well. That's good." He said and sat on a chair in front of that office room.

I was staring him down and the he was sitting there looking outside the window. He was still mad and I couldn't figure out why.

"Zhan,"