Chapter Twenty-One

How could he? How could he be such an asshole? Why did he say those things?

These were the only things running through my mind as I laid in the couch looking at the TV in front of me. I was looking at it but my mind wasn't really processing the images correctly. My mind was fogged with questions I had no answer for but wanted so desperately.

I need to get these thoughts out of my head. I let out a big sigh full of exasperation. I turn the TV off and go into the kitchen. I grab the apple resting on the counter and make my way to the sink to wash it. Once I have done that I take a bite into the apple. I make my way to the stairs and start to climb them. Half way up the stairs their is an annoying ring at the door.

I groan and go back down the stairs. Why couldn't they have knock a few seconds before? With out even looking at who it might be I swing the door open and take another bite out of my apple. Only a few seconds later do I glance up and actually see who it is. I now wish I had somehow not herd the doorbell and I had kept walking up the stairs. Now I had to suffer the consequences of having good hearing because right in front of me Hunter McCollum, the guy that called me bitch only a few hours ago, was standing there with his hands in his pocket.

I look at him for another second before the anger and annoyance I felt a couple of minutes ago came rushing back into my body. I grasp the door once again and start to close it without hesitation. The door was about to close but stopped mere inches before it fully closed. I keep holding the door and I put my lips into a thin, tight, line. "Go away Hunter! I don't want to see you!" I grunt out trying so desperately to keep my cool.

"I'm not leaving this place until you listen to me," He says rather calmly. I can't and I won't talk to him. I think I herd enough from him in one day.

"No Hunter! Let me close the door because I'm not letting you come inside," I tell him and start to kick his foot, the one that is holding the door open, out of the way. I'm not really succeeding because his foot hasn't even move a Millie-meter.

Suddenly he removes his foot and the door closes with a slam! I am surprise by his movement but I don't mind one bit. I let out a sigh of relieve and I am about to leave and go upstairs when I hear his husky voice in the other side of the door. "I'm sorry Kennedy. I don't really know why I said all those things about you in school. I'm. Sorry. I came here to apologize." His voice is soft but sincere.

"I just want you to know that I am not leaving until you listen to me completely." He murmurs something else but I can't make it out. "I know you are there Kennedy. Right behind this door you are just standing there staring at the door. Let me in."

I keep quiet and before I can say or think about anything I am doing the unexpected. I am reaching over to the door knob ready to open. I open the door and see him leaning against the wooden railing which surrounds the porch.

"Why?" That's the only thing that come out of my mouth. The one real question I really wanted answered but at the same time I didn't.

He gets off the railing and steps forward making me move to the side so he has space to come in. He is very quiet and it bothers me somehow. I close the door behind him once he is fully inside. He turns to me with a soft expression.

"Because you are with him." He states so simply like if it isn't such a big deal. "Because you are with the person I despise the most. Myles."

I look down at the floor. I can't reveled anything about Myles. We made a deal and that deal didn't involve me telling Hunter. The reason for the deal was actually Hunter. I glance up at him again, "You moved on really quick Hunter and you obviously didn't need me." I stare at him and suddenly I feel hurt. "So I am very confuse as to why you are here."

My heart is clenching and it hurts a lot. Just having him standing a couple of feet away from me really is devastating because I know he is just here to make a point. I hear Hunter let out a grunt, "You are so difficult Kennedy! Why do you always have to be so stubborn and do things that will make you look like a complete bitch!"

I stare at him in shock. He called me a bitch again. I can't take him no more. I take a step towards him and throw my apple at him and then push him back with anger. "Get out!" I feel tears stinging my eyes and soon they are pooling out.

Hunter examines my face and his expression softens again. I push past him and plop myself in the couch. I put my head in my hands trying to calm down. I let out two deep breaths, but the tears keep on coming. I don't know what it is about Hunter but he makes my emotions run wild and now I am sitting down crying because of him. I look up at him because I knew he hadn't left, "Why are you being like this?"

He looks at me and steps towards me, "I don't know."  He takes a few more steps towards me until he is standing right in front of me. He then knelt down in front of me and grabs one of my hands. He looks at me with a soft expression, "You don't know how much I need you Kennedy. I will admit that I just wanted to use you at first, but once I started to spend more and more time with you, you became my drug. I think you were more intoxicating than a real drug and I need you. It drives me crazy seeing you with another guy and knowing that I can't have you. Do you know what I felt when I saw you with Myles?" He looks at me with wild eyes while running his hand through his ruffled hair.

"I felt jealous, extremely jealous. For the first time in my life I was jealous and I can tell you it wasn't something I liked. You are doing something crazy to my inside and I can't tell you how much I need you. I need you with me. Kennedy please forgive me. Please."

Hunter is pleading me. The most feared and well known boy in Avian High is knealing in front of me begging for my forgiveness. I stare into his blue eyes. They are full of sincerity. I acknowledge his whole face. He has a soft expression and he looks defeated. I am at lost of words. I don't know how to respond to his big heartfelt speech.

One of his hands suddenly is up at my cheek and his fingers are brushing away the tears in my eyes. My gaze is still holding his. "You don't know how much my heart hurts from seeing these tears in your eyes and knowing that I caused them." He looks down and shakes his head slightly. A few seconds later he looks up, "Please say something Kennedy. The silence is killing me."

I don't know how to feel about all of this. His sudden speech tell me a lot about his feeling and I honestly don't know if I should believe him. My head tell me that this all a scam and he feels nothing because he is a heartless asshole. Oh, but my heart, tells me something completely different. It tells me that he is being honest. That if he didn't feel this way he wouldn't even have bothered to come to my house. He is here begging for my forgiveness.

"I forgive you Hunter," I say in a whisper.

With those three simple words a grin spreads across his face. "Thank you," He says and then he brings me into a hug. I stiffen at his action but I eventually relax. His arms are so welcoming and I feel so safe when they are wrapped around me. I rest my head in his shoulder.

We stayed in the position for a couple of minutes, but then the doorbell interrupted us. I was the first to pull away. Hunter looked at me and then stood up so I had space to stand up. I made my way to the door and in the way I picked up the apple I had thrown at Hunter earlier. I open the door again with out looking and then I wished again I was deaf.

Why is this day going so bad? Things are totally going to go very bad from here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha! I left a cliffhanger.

Who do you think it's in the door?

I am very bad in updating so please forgive me. Sometimes I just have writer block so my brain can't seem to process any words. But it's here now.

Please vote and comment!