Chapter Eleven

I have left him and I was glad. Since I had sneaked out of my house I wasn't going back until the afternoon. I could just come up with an excuses to tell my parents. I had no idea where I was going but I do know two sure things. I am not going back with Hunter and I'm not going back home.

It was berly 6:15 so it was still a little dark and it was cold. The neighborhood seemed like it was deserted because people were probably still asleep. I walked down a lonely and dim street. It was quite, maybe a little to quite for my liking. It felt like I was in a scary movie and at any time someone was going to pop out and try to kill me.

Wait. No.

That isn't a very good thing to be thinking about when you are wondering the streets alone at this time. I surely don't want to get murder, at least not today. I know for certain that when I see Hunter again we are going to get close to murder. It can go two ways. He either kill me or I get pissed off at him and kill him on the spot.

I take a turn on a street but I bump into something. I am not sure what I bumped into but it sends me straight to the ground. I look up and see a large figure starting to crouch down to my level. I am not sure who it is because he is wearing a hoodie and it's covering up most of their face.

"I am so sorry," they say as they grab my arm gently and pull me up, "I didn't see you there."

I straighten out my leggings again. I grin up at him, "Its fine, I wasn't looking where I was going," I tell him.

He bring his hand up to his head and removes his hoddie to reveal a head full of curly brown hair, "I'm Ivan," he extends his hand.

I smile and shake it, "I'm Kennedy," I tell him.

He returns the smile, "What are you doing out here, alone, at this time?" He questions.

I look around trying to find an excuse to give him, "Um, I am taking a walk," I tell him confident. I don't want to tell a stranger that I sneaked out of my house because this stupid guy wanted me to. "Well I gotta get home," I tell him awkwardly. Yeah, I know, another lie but I am not in the mood for talking.

"Uh, yeah, me too," He looks at the sidewalk, "I'll see you around, Kennedy bye." He turns and begins to jog down the sidewalk.

I sigh and continue walking. I make more turns on street and thankfully I don't run into anyone else. I look around my surrounding and then it hits me. I am completely lost. I am still pretty new to this town and I know I shouldn't be wondering around alone, especially at this time. I look around my surrounding and I am still around houses, that's a good sign. At least I know that I am not in the middle of no where.

I groan and sit down on the side of the sidewalk. I know I need to call someone to come rescue me. I am not calling my parents and certainly not Hunter. "Who to call, who to call?" I mumble to myself. Maybe Jessica will pick up and com save me.

I dial Jessica's number and the phone begins to ring. After three ring a groggy voice sounds through the other line, "Hello?"

"Jessi? It's Kennedy," I inform her.

She groan in realization of who is in the phone, "Kennedy? What the hell do you want at 7 in the morning?" She wonders, and not so happy, may I add.

"I'm loss," I admit.

She chuckles a bit, "Your lost? How did you get loss at this time?" Oh my gosh! She sure asks a lot of questions.

I groan in frustration, "I will tell you later, but can you come and get me or at least find me?" I ask hope full.

"Yeah, sure, what street are you on?" She questions yet once again.

I stand up and start to look for the street name. I walk a few step see the name, "Berry Street?" I laugh a little at the name of the street.

"Oh OK, I will be there in 10 minutes, stay put, bye," She says before hanging up. I am save!

I sit back down and start to wait for Jessi. I start to look through my phone and then it suddenly vibrates, indicating that I received a new text message. I opened it and saw it was from no one else but Hunter.

Hunter:

Where the hell are you?

I glare at the phone screen, "Asshole," I say out loud.

Me:

Somewhere you aren't

Almost instantly I receive a respond.

Hunter:

You are going to regret that you slapped me, I will make sure of that

I am a little scare of facing again. He is going to get even. I know he is going to make my life hell in every way he can. He has said it before. When I was with Trystian and he found us talking he threaten to make my life hell if I didn't go with him. I am not going to respond back to that. If I do I will only make things worse.

A car horn snaps me out of my thought. I look up and see Jessi in a gray car in front of me. I smile and stand up. I get into the car, "Thank you so much, Jess," I tell her.

She smiles, "Hey, that what friends are for," She responds, "You looked like a hobo sitting there."

I start to laugh, "Jeez, thanks," I say jokingly.

She start to laugh, "OK tell me now, how the hell did you even end up there?"

I nod and start telling her. I start from Hunter waking me up in the morning to the part about the fight.  When I tell her about the slap she is completely schock, but when I tell her why I slapped him she is even more schock.

When I finish telling her everything we are now at my house, "I agree with you Hunter is a big asshole," She says when I finish my story.

I nod, "But he is a big scary asshole," I say as I look at his house. I am so scare to face him, "He is going to make my life living hell because of the slap," I tell Jessi.

She gives me a sympathetic smile, "It's going to be fine Ken, Hunter really needs someone to set him straight," She tells me.

I smile at her, "Well I have to go," I get out of the car, "I'll talk to you later Jess, bye."

"Bye Ken and good luck," She says before driving off.

I take a deep breath and start to walk towards the house. Now to deal with my parents.