Chapter Ten

Hunter climbed to the other side of the railing. He crouched, still holding on to the railing, and just... jumped down. He landed firmly on his feet and looked up at me. I was looking down at him with wide eyes. There was no way on earth he was going to make me jump down. If I did jump I will probably be jumping into my own death.

Hunter looked up at me with a smirk, "Your turn, babe, jump down," Hunter instructed. Did he really expect me to jump down?

I shook my head, "No, I am not jumping," I told him seriously. I wasn't scare of hights, but this was much different.

Hunter groaned and now looked annoyed, "Kennedy just jump, nothing is going to happen."

"No," I stated. I was not going to jump. This was just another way to sign my death certificate.

"Jump, Kennedy," Hunter said even more impatient, "I'll catch you, okay?"

I groaned in frustration, "Promise you'll catch me?"

Hunter smirked, "Yeah I promise, now hurry up before everyone starts to wake up."

I took a deep breath and climbed to the other side of the railing. I was holding the railing as tight as I could, I was not risking falling. I slowly stood up and looked down. Hunter was looking up at me with an impatient look. I took another deep breath and jumped down. I felt like the air was being sucked out of me as I fell. My heart was beating fast and I honestly felt like I was going to die.

After about 2 seconds, which actually felt like an eternity, I finally felt my feet on firm ground. I let out a breath and opened my eyes. I saw Hunter about a feet away from me grinning at me. He is such a liar!

"Ok now let's go," he said as he turned around and started to head for the street.

I followed behind him and then he a grin appeared on his face. I glared at him, "Your such a liar, Hunter!"

He chuckled, "For what?" He questioned. Oh so he is playing that game.

"You said you were going to catch me," I inform him.

He looks at me and starts to laugh. He has the nerve to laugh after I almost died. "I didn't catch you because if I did we both would have gotten hurt," he explains.

"So you would rather have me get hurt," I scoff.

Hunter nods and then smiles, "Babe, I'm perfect my face is everything, I mean look at me." He points at himself, totally admiring himself.

I look at him with the "really" look, "Oh my gosh, Hunter! Why are you so full of yourself?" I tell him. He really is too full of himself. I look him from feet to head, "I've seen better though."

He chuckles as if he doesn't believe me, "Ok, who?" Yes, Hunter is really good looking and it's hard to compare him to someone. His muscular figure doesn't help at all. His adittute is horrible though. He is mean to everyone, possessive, a jerk, and certainly a big asshole.

"Trystian," I state. Trystian is good looking but I have to admit Hunter is more good looking. Trystian is one of the sweetest guys I've ever met though and I know he does care about me.

Hunter jaw immediately clenches at the mention of Trystian's name, "Your ex-boyfriend? Please that idiot couldn't be good looking if the world ended and he was the only one left."

He got jelouse and I knew it. This was my time to smirk, "He is better looking than you and you know maybe I'll dump you and go with him!" I tell him. As soon as the words leave my mouth I regret it. His eyes seems to start to turn a darker shade of blue.

He stops walking and then turns to me, "I guess you still haven't figured it out, huh? I'm going to be the one that finish this off when I'm tired of you," he informs me. His voice is low and most certainly dangerous.

Did he really just say he will "finish this off when I'm tired of you"? I can handle his bad mood and everything but this is a whole other level. He said that like I am some type of object.

I will not stand for this. I suddenly slap him, hard. "I am not a fucking object and guess what Hunter I'm already tired of you and your shit of adittute!" I yell at him. I know I should be scared but I'm too pissed off to care about him.

Hunter opens his mouth to yell back at me, but I put my hand in front of him, "Save it Hunter I don't want to hear you," and then I turned and walk away from him leaving standing him alone in the sidewalk.