Chapter Thirty-Three

I have spent the last two weeks looking over my shoulder every second of the day. I have spent most of my time by Hunter side simply because I am afraid of Myles. Not just because he could do something to me but because he could do something to Hunter. Which the thought of not having Hunter by my side terrifies me, a lot.

I haven't even seen Myles all this time. I don't know what scare me the most. Not knowing where Myles is or that he can finish everything that he said he will do any second. I can't do anything about it, though.

Hunter said that he will wait for me outside in the parking lot. He has been taking me home every day for the last couple of weeks and I am so glad he has. I don't think I could be able to stand walking all alone home. It has also given me more time to spend with him. I have gotten to know him so much better over these last couple of weeks than I have over the whole time I've actually known him. He has given me the security that I had always wanted and he has really shown me that he does love me.

The secrets between both of us still exist and just like the beginning I am still hoping that our love is strong enough for all of this.

The school bell ringing is the thing that snapped me out of my train of thought. I look around the classroom and see that everyone is quickly collecting their things. I start to do the same a couple seconds after. Just in a minute everyone is leaving and I am left all alone in the classroom. I finish collecting my things and just as I am about to exit the room I hear my name being called out.

"Yes," I answer as I turn around to meet Mr. Winston.

He takes a couple of steps towards me and smiles. "I just wanted to tell you that I've notice you have been a little, um, out of it this week. Is their anything bothering you?" He asks in concern.

I can't tell him anything. Telling Hunter was already hard enough that I don't think I will ever be able to tell anyone else. The thought of Myles is already scary enough that I can't have anyone bothering me about it all.

I force a smile, "Yeah I know it's just finals are coming up and I stressing about all of that. I'm worried that I won't have enought time to study everything." I have gotten quiet good at lying that it feels like a second nature. I really don't recognize myself.

Mr. Winston gives me a warm smile, "I'm sure that you will do just fine in finals. You are an incredibly smart young lady after all."

I smiles back, "Thank you. I, um, need to keep going now Mr. Winston. Have a good day," I tell him as I start to leave the room. I can hear him murmur a goodbye behind me. Hopefully I am not to late. I don't want to walk the hallways all alone.

As I leave the room I walk as fast as I can through the hallways. It is empty and for all I know Myles can even be hiding in a locker. My breathing has started to quicken but I know that I have to hurry up and meet up with Hunter. He might be getting worried as well. When I turn the hallway to leave the school building I come face to face with my worst fear.

Myles.

His brown eyes are staring right into mine and my breath has caught in my throat. His eyes look dead and I just know he is here to finish his promise. I quickly back up from him and while I am doing that a murderous look appears on his face. He takes a few steps towards me and his hands reach out to me. He cups my face in his hand making me look at him.

"Oh come on Kennedy don't run away from me," he spits out coldly. "It hurts my feelings." He places his free hand on his heart as to show that he somehow has feelings. He is as cold as an ice burg.

I push his hand away from my face. "Leave me alone Myles!" I yell at him and turn around to run the other way. Just as I am about to run his hand holds on to my elbow. He slams my body against his and then I am suddenly slammed against the wall. I am trapped between him and the wall.