Chapter Nine

Sleep is one of the best things ever. Sleep is also one of the things I enjoy doing, so who ever is knocking I'm my door is sure going to hear me out.

I glance at the clock and it reads 5:14 A.M. I groan but the knocking continues. I slowly get up from bed and walk towards the door.

I open it and there is no one there, no one. I look around the hallway but it was deserted and the annoying knocking sound was still there.

I groaned in frustration and turned around to go back to sleep. Just as I reach my bed, my phone starts to ring.

I turn around and walk towards my phone now. I pick it up and see that it's Hunter calling.

I roll my eyes and pick it up, "What do you want?" I scream through the phone.

Hunter chuckles, "Good morning to you to, sweetheart," he says calmly, "Open your balcony curtains." This is not my morning!

I stomp myself to the balcony and open the stupid curtains. There, Hunter is leaning against the railing with a smirk.

What the hell is he doing here at this time?

I open the door to the balcony and Hunter steps in. He eyes me from head to toe and then I'm feeling self-conscious. I'm standing in front of him with some white short shorts and a light pink tank top.

He smirks, "Damn your hot!" I turn my head away from him to hide the blush that is already forming. He chuckles lowly, "Come on get dress," he orders.

I snap my head up, "What? For what?" I ask.

"I'm going to take you somewhere," he response. Where can he possibly take me at 5 in the morning. "Now get dress."

I roll my eyes, "Where are you taking me?"

Hunter let's out a breath, "It's a surprise, but dress in something comfortable," he tells me as he takes a sit in my bed.

I groan, "Fine!" I say giving in. I was expecting Hunter to get up and leave the room, but no he just sat there and stared at me. I raised my eyebrow, "Do you mind?"

Hunter lips turned into a smirk again, "Nope, not at all," he says, "I will actually will love to see the show."

"Get out Hunter!" I order him. I am not going to let him see me change.

He chuckles, "I am not going back outside, it's cold as hell," he says pointing outside.

I look at him with the 'are you serious" look. "Hunter," I whine.

He groans, "I'll cover my eyes, ok? I won't peak, I promise," he assures me.

I walk over to him and stick out my pinky, "Pinky promise? You can't break a pinky promise, ok?"

He laughs, "Pinky promise," he says while wrapping his pinky over me mine. He grabs my hand and pulls me over to him, "I'll even seal the deal with a kiss" and before I could say anything he brings his lips to mine.

Suddenly sparks were exploding all over my body. I never felt this before, not even with Trystian. This is something I never thought I will feel, especially with Hunter. Both of our lips move in perfect synch.

We both pull away, gasping for air. Hunter is smiling, a real smile. "Come one Kennedy, get dress, I promised already," he says.

I sigh, "Ok," I stand up from his lap and walk towards my closet. I pull out some legging, a tank-top, and a sweater. I turn to Hunter raising an eyebrow. He smiles and brings his hands up to his eyes. I turn my back to him and pull my shirt over my head and quickly put the other one on. I do the exact same thing for my pants.

"Are you done?" Hunter asks.

I laugh, "Yeah, you can uncover your eyes." He uncovers his eyes and looks at me. I go over to my closet again to get my uggs.

"No, don't put those on put shoes on," he tells me.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because your feet will hurt of you wear those," he says. I shrug and grab some converse.

I put them on and stand up, "Ok, I'm ready," I tell him.

He stand up as well and points at the balcony, "Now we need to escape," he tells me.

I really didn't think this through. Of course we had to get out of the house undetected but I didn't think we were going to use the balcony. I knew we couldn't go through the door because my parents wake are really lighy sleepers and they wake up at the tiniest sound.

I make my way towards the balcony and look down. It was actually pretty high up and I knew I could get seriously injured if I fell.

Hunter was now on my side, "Ok, let's go, Kennedy."