Chapter Eight

Ever since Sunday Hunter has been on me so much. He is constantly popping out of no where. He hasn't been in one single class all week, which is strange because I see him everywhere around school. On the other hand, I haven't seen Trystian since Hunter rudely inturrupted us. I am pretty sure he is going to attend Avian High to because that is the only high school in town. I really want to at least be friends with Trystian.

As the student exit the school I am talking to Jessi, who is telling me about this guy name Chase and how cute he is. She was also going on a date with him today and it that she was so excited. All I did was smile and nod.

"My mom is already here, I'll talk to you later," she said before giving me a quick hug and running towards her car.

I had to walk home today, so that sucked. I started heading for the side walk, but I was stopped by someone pushing me down. As I hit the hard concrete, pain started growing on my right hand and side.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I heard someone say. She was laying on the ground as well.

I gave her a smile and sat up. Just as I was about to get up I saw Hunter walking towards me and he didn't look very happy.

As he arrived next to me he grabbed one of my hands and help me up. I actually thought he was coming to yell at me at some stupid little thing, but no he was glaring at the poor girl who had accidentally bumped into me.

"What the fuck did you think you were doing!" He yelled at her. The girls eyes were widen and looked scared out of her mind.

"I- I'm sorry," she stuttered. I felt do bad for the girl. She had accidentally bumped into Hunter's "girlfriend" and now she was getting yelled at by him.

I couldn't let him keep yelling at her and probably have nightmares about him, "It was an accident Hunter! She didn't mean it so stop yelling !" I yelled at him.

Hunter having the big ego he has automatically glared at me, giving me that big warning glare. I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. This of course earning some gasp from the crowd that had formed from Hunter's yelling. No one had ever dared walked away from the great Hunter McCollum and apparently it was very shocking.

"What is everyone looking at!" I hear Hunter yell as I walked away, "Kennedy!"

I am not going to stop. All I'm going to get is a big lecture from him and I don't want to hear it. I turned on to the sidewalk and started walking home. There was still pain in my arm. I looked at it and saw a scratch on it. It seem that once I looked at it hurt so much more.

"Kennedy, wait, where are you going?" Hunter says. Oh great, he was following me. Well I kinda expected him to.

"Home," I mumbled.

Now he was next to me, "Okay, I'll walk you home," he says.

I look at him with the 'are you serious' look, "We live right next to each other," I tell him.

He smiles at me. This is the first time I have seen him smile at me. He looks so much better with a smile instead of his cocky smirk.

"I'm sorry," suddenly comes out of his mouth. I cannot believe my ear, I must be hearing things because Hunter was apologizing.

I look at him surprise, "What?"

He groans, "Come on Kennedy don't make me say it again, you herd me the first time." I rolled my eyes and then his hands wrapped around my waist, "I'm sorry, ok? I over reacted back there, but I was already in a bad mood and I guess I'm just mad at everyone when I'm in a bad mood."

I sigh, "It's fine, I guess, but please don't do it again."

He nods and he pecks my lips, "Yeah I will try."