Chapter Twenty-Three

"Kennedy! Come down here!" My dad has been really snappy today. I think a day off work can really hurt him. Since he has nothing to occupy his time he has been snapping at me all day. Telling me everything that I need to do and everything I have done. Even though things turned out kinda good with Hunter my dad is still suspicious about it.

"What!" I yell from my bedroom. I don't feel like getting up and going all the way downstairs.

I haven't seen Hunter since the day he barge into the house and gave me his little speech about his feeling about me. Oh, and how could I forget, the day he made me freaking tutor him. I am still kinda pissed about that because he probably won't even show up to get 'tutor' and I will still need to give updates to my dad about that. But damn I can't get that speech out of my head. Every single word has been bouncing around my head since the day they came out of my mouth.

"You don't know how much I need you... you became my drug... I need you..."

Those are the words he spoke to me when he looked completely broken and lost. Those are the words he spoke to me the day I thought he wasn't worth it. The day when everything had gone wrong and nothing was going my way. Yes, he has given me a lot of reasons to hate him, but I don't think I will ever be able to hate him. Even when I told myself that I hated him I knew deep inside that will never be possible.

"Kennedy come down here now!" my dad yelled out for the second time in about a minute.

I groan, rolled my eyes, and slowly started to leave the comforter of my loving bed. I grabbed my phone in the process and began looking through it. I had two messages from Jessica, which I haven't bothered to open because I was way to lazy. When I got the stairs I clicked on it and brought my whole attention to my phone and slowly made my way down the stairs.

Jessi: Hey! Have you herd?

KENNEDY! ANSWER ME IT'S BIG GOSSIP!

I shook my head in disapproval and let a small smile play on my lips. Jessi is a big sucker for gossip and she will honestly believe everything which was most likely not true. I typed back a respond to her text and was finished typing it when I reached the bottom of the stairs. I let out a small giggle and pressed send.

Me: I answered and whatever you herd it's probably not true.

"You know there are only a few times that I have herd you giggle and I have to say it totally suits you," an incredibly familiar voice said right in front of me.

His voice actually startle me so I jumped back in surprise. I looked up and find him with a warm and welcoming smile. Hunter was standing in my doorsteps again, but this time he had a bag slung over his right shoulder.

I took a second to straighten myself out and I looked back to him, "Well hello Hunter. May I ask what you are doing here... again?" I brought one of my eyebrows completely curious and confuse as to why he was in my house once again.

Right then he brought out his charming smile, "Well Kennedy you see," He started off, "You are my tutor and I am here to get tutor. Your dad let me in by the way."

I close my eyes in annoyance and I let out a huff of breath, "Okay, then I will get my books and we will get started." I told him and made my way up the stairs again. I herd heavy steps following right behind me so I stopped on my tracks and turned around.

"What are you doing?" I ask Hunter with my eyebrow raised.

"I am following you to your room," He said like no big deal, "That's where we are going to study."

I shook my head rapidly, "No. We are studying downstairs in the living room." I roll my eyes at him just to let him know that was a very stupid assumption.

Now it's Hunter's turn to roll his eyes, "Do you really want to be in the house with your dad right now. I mean I have been hearing him yell all day." He tells me everything in the "the-matter-of-fact" tone.

I stand there and think about it. He is completely right. I don't want to hear my dad bicker about anything at all today no more. I think today has been enough to last for a whole year I guess. "Fine we will go to the backyard let me just run and get my books I will see you there."

He nodded in approval and he made his way down the stairs. I turn around and ran to my room. I grab a my science and history book because I didn't really know what he needed help in. As I was leaving my room my phone vibrates and I look down at it. It is probably Jessi reply telling me all about this big gossip. As I open the message my heart skips a beat.

Myles: I have things to do today so our things is off. I was going to stop by but things came up.

I totally forgot about Myles. I am so glad that whatever came up did come up and that he didn't stop by. Most of my Friday's have been spent with Myles because that is part of our deal. The deal that may as well destroy everything that I can and will ever be able to have with Hunter. Maybe I am doing this for the right reasons but I know Hunter will hate me if he finds out about this whole thing.

Me: Yes, it's fine I will see you later.

When I pressed the send button I made my way to the backyard where I can see Hunter leaned against the big oak tree that was in one side of it. He was sitting on the grass and I could see something in his lap.

"Hey, what do you actually need help in?" I ask as I enter the backyard. He looks up at me and the looks back down at the things that was in front of him.

"Um, history?" He says and glances at me again. I raise one of my eyebrows in question. "Yes, history. I need help in history."

I take in a deep breath, "Alright let's get started." I sit down right in front of him and open my book in to the current lesson we were on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hunter! Come on!" I groan and fall back against the grass. "We have been going at this for an hour and you still don't know anything."

Tutoring Hunter is worst than tutoring a freaking five-year-old. He has the attention spam of a two-year-old and he is extremely frustrating. I don't think he is even trying to pay attention. All he is doing is looking at his lap and doodling in his book or something.

I hear Hunter chuckle, "History isn't for me, Kennedy."

I groan and sit back up. For the first time in the last twenty minutes he is actually looking at me. "Okay let's try this again... for like the hundredth time. When did World War Two start?" I glance at my book trying to decide what I was going to ask him if he- by miracle- got the answer right.

When I didn't hear anything but silence I looked up at him. He was looking down at his lap, doodling all over again. This is how it had been since we started. I will ask him a question and he will never answer and when I looked at him he wasn't even looking at me.

I am known for having a lot of patient and guess he was really giving me a run for my money. I had no more patient regarding him. I was completely done with him right now. He made me agree to tutor him and that is exactly what I am going to do.

I lean over to him and grab the thick notebook in his lap. "Focus Hunter!" I yell as I take the notebook in my hands.

When he saw the notebook fly out of his lap he looked at me with wild eyes. "No Kennedy! Give it back!" He yelled at me and made an attempt to grab it out of my hands.

I dodged his hand and for the first time I saw what was on it. My mouth opened wide and never will have ever expected this from Hunter. Yes, Hunter was something. Something beyond what everyone thinks he actually is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I updated, finally! I actually would have update sooner, but I got kinda lazy... so forgive my laziness. What do you think about the chapter?

The book has reach 19K and I honestly something is wrong with Wattpad. I got around 4K reads over night so I think that is really crazy. Thank you so much for it though!

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter/ book!

This chapter is dedicated to princess3629. She has been voting on the book and is a huge supporter for the book! Thank you!