Chapter Three

Simmer down, simmer down

They say we're too young now to amount to anything else

But look around

We work too damn hard for this just to give it up now

If you don't swim, you'll drown

But don't move, hon-

My eyes shoot open and I start to look around. The song continues to play and that's when my brain registered the noise, my phone was ringing. I get out of bed and run towards the dresser. Where I had put my phone to charge last night.

With out looking at the caller ID I pick it up, "Hello?"

"Hey, babe"

Who the hell is this? Maybe they have the wrong number.

"Who is this?" I ask, just in case. This could also be a prank call. I really hate when people prank call me it gets in my nerves and makes me feel stupid.

"It's Hunter, your boyfriend," I can hear the smirk on his lips.

"Hunter? How the did you get my phone number?" I'm very confuse. I never gave Hunter my phone number.

"I know people," Is all he says. Of course he knows people but I want to know how he got it. I only have given my number to one person, Jessica. When I find her I'm going to kill her.

"Ok, what do you want?" I ask annoyed. He had woken me up at 6:30, so I'm sure not in my best mood.

"What time are you coming to school?"

This boy want to know everything. It's like his my dad. Wait he is worst than my dad. "When I get there," I say and hang up. I am sure I won't be able to go back to sleep now, might as well start to get ready.

****

After taking a long hot shower and putting on a black skater skirt with a white long sleeve top. I put on a pair of black Tom's and go downstairs. Hunter has been calling me since I hung up. I haven't answered one of his calls because he is really annoying.

My dad rushes into the kitchen, "Kennedy we need to go now, I have a meeting in 20 minutes." I was really hoping we would stay a little longer.

I nod and grab my backpack. I get into the car the same time he gets in it. Just like yesterday my dad is on the phone.

When I get out of the car the first person I spot is Jessica. I say bye to my dad and walk over to her. She smiles, "Hey Ken." Oh no she didn't!

"Don't you 'hey' me Jessica," I say in a stern voice.

She looked at me confuse. Oh if it wasn't her that gave Hunter my number I'm going to hate myself. "What's wrong?"

"You gave Hunter my number, didn't you?"

She gives me one of those sorry looks. I immediately know it was her, "I'm so sorry, Hunter is very... intimidating," she says. It's true he can be extremely intimidating.

I sigh, "He's been calling me all morning."

Her eyes widen, "Really did you answer?" Why does everyone seems to be scare of Hunter? He is just another typical bad boy. Who probably has a sad story to why they became so bad. From what I've herd even the badest of bad can be tamed.

"No! he is so an-" I stop talking when I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"So you think ignoring my calls all morning is fine," I hear a pissed off voice whisper to me. It's incredible how familiar I have become with this voice in like a day. "Jessica leave us alone," he yells.

"But," Jessi tries to protest. I really appreciate her trying to save me from Hunter.

"Now!" He yells at her and points away from us. Jessi sends me an apologetic look and turns to walk away. Hunter turns me around so I am facing him. "Why didn't you answer me?!"

"Because I don't have to," I say back. Making sure I throw in some sass in my words. My annoyance level right now is really high.

His jaw clenchs and his eyes seem to become a little darker. "Lets get some thing clear here. First, you answer all of my calls and message. Seco-" that's when I cut him off.

"I already have a boyfriend," again it's a complete lie but I need to get him off my back.

"I really don't give a crap. You need to break up with him before I break his face," he threatened. Yeah, good luck with that.

"You know what, I don't have time for this stuff right now," I inform him. People are starting to go into the school. The bell might have already rung but I didn't here it because of Hunter's screaming. I start to walk away but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"Second, don't ever walk away from me when I'm talking to you," his lips slowly turn into a smirk, "And third I have the right to kiss you whenever I want." Before my brain is able to process the words his lips crash over mine. For a second I'm paralyze by his sudden movement, but when I realize what he is doing I immediately pull away.

The first inpulse I had was to slap him, and that exactly what I did. When I realize my action I know I'm in a lot of trouble. Before he can do anything to me I turn around and start to run. I think I pretty much just sign my death certificate. I have to make sure I avoid him all day, maybe all year. That's going to be hard because he is in most of my classes.