Chapter One

Sometimes I hate my parents.

I mean school started a month ago and they are making me move to a new school. I am just wondering who in their right mind does that! I have no say in anything, though, and even if I did, they wouldn't listen to me either way. My dad is always busy working and my mom... well she just doesn't have time for anyone beside herself. They both just decided it would be a great idea to move to Washington one week ago and now I am stuck here until I turn eighteen, or until they decide we should move again.

"Kennedy!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. I groan but don't answer her back. It's too early in the morning to start yelling. I had to wake up at 5:30 today to get ready, so I'm not in my best mood. I was already running late, too.

I sling my bag over my shoulder and hurry down the stairs. I go into the kitchen and grab a piece of toast. I put the piece of toast between my lips so I can grab my phone and my mom gives me one of her glares. The thing about my mom is she wants me to be the perfect daughter. She wants me to act lady-like all the time and that doesn't really work with me. Trying to please my parents is something I have never accomplished, even if I do, indeed, try to do so everyday. Keeping my grades up and staying out of trouble, simply isn't enough for them. Pleasing or impressing my parents is one of the hardest things I would ever do.

"Are you ready Kennedy?" My dad asks without even glancing away from the papers in front of him. I told you my dad is a workaholic.

"Yeah, can we go already?" I ask my dad.

My dad nods and stands up, grabbing all the papers in the process. He quickly places a kiss on my mom's cheek and grabs the car keys. Even though my parents don't spend very much time together they still kiss each other goodbye and maybe even goodnight. That is something I wish I, someday, have.

I mutter a quick goodbye to my mom before following my dad to the car. As I enter the car I notice my dad is on the phone, well he is speaking into one of the Bluetooth device. Once I put my sit-belt on, my dad start the car and starts to drive to my new school. All throughout the car ride the only sound in the car was my dad's conversation with who ever was in the other line.

The car came to a stop and I got out. "Kennedy!" My dad said before I walked away. I had honestly thought he wouldn't even look at me when I left.

"Yeah?" I ask looking at him through the window.

"Have a nice day," he says with a smile. I smile back at him and nod. He goes back to the conversation on the phone and that was my cue to leave.

I look at the big high school in front of me, Avian High. This school is huge! I already know I was going to have trouble getting around. The front of the school was filled with student. Just like any other high school there were your usual groups:

The populars, who seem to rule the school. Everyone seems to know all of their names and about everything little thing about them. All of those seem to be the rich self-center teenagers. They were all gathered around a fancy black sport car.

The nerds, all those people who seem to be studying 24/7. Always having their nose stuck in some sort of book or doing some type of educational activity. Something I don't ever think I will become. All of them were sitting in a circular table.

Jocks, the ones who are addicted to sports. Those are everywhere! Throwing footballs, kicking soccer balls, and just being sporty.

The badasses, always causing trouble. No matter where they go or what they do they always scream out the word, danger! Some of this group mixes with the popular, but you can clearly defined both of them, simply by the way they dress and the looks on their faces.