Chapter Twelve

The conversation with my parents went better than expected on Saturday. What excuse did I give them you ask. Well I gave them the, "I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk," excuse. I came up with it on the spot after my mother started bombarding me with questions. I was pretty proud of myself because they believed every word of it.

I spend the rest of my weekend at peace. I was glad I didn't have to see Hunter at all, even though his room is right across mine. I kept my curtains close most of the time but if Hunter wanted to be noticed he will be noticed. Now is Monday, the worst day of the weekend, unless you don't have school that day.

I finish curling my dark brown hair and go downstairs for breakfast. My mom made pancakes this morning and for once my dad isn't on the phone or have a thousand papers next to him. I smile at him, "Morning daddy," I say cheerfully.

He smiles at me, "Morning Kennedy," he answers and takes another bite of his pancake, "Oh before I forget, Mark told me that Trystian was starting school today and that he could give you a ride to school." Mark is Trystian's dad and him and my dad are very good friend. They work in the same place too so they have a lot of communication.

I know that riding to school with Trystian isn't the best idea since the whole school sees me as Hunter's girlfriend, but I can't say that to my dad because he will start to play the role of the super over protective dad. I nod, "Okay, did he tell you what time I should be over to their house?" I ask as I sit down and start to eat my pancakes.

My dad nods, "Yeah, he said to go over whenever you are done." I nod in response and we eat in silence for the rest of the time.

My dad and I finish at the same time so we both are also leaving the house the same time. Just as he is going to get into his car he calls my name. I turn around to face him. He comes up to me and gives me a hug. He sets a kiss on my temple, "Kennedy after school I'm going to come pick you up so we can have some time to talk, okay?" he tells me.

My dad may be a workaholic but he always makes time for me. At least once a month he picks me up after school and he takes me to a restaurant or something of that sort and we just talk. It actually quite nice. He is an amazing dad and that's why I love him so much.

I nod, "Yeah I'll wait for you in the front," I answer with a smile, "Have a nice day at work dad." I give him one last hug and start to walk towards Trytians house. I knock on the door. A few seconds later the door swing open.

"Ken!," Yells out the small girl in front of me.

I smile down at her, "Jamie!" I yell back just as enthusiastically as her. I go down to her level and give her a hug, "Is Trys here?" I ask.

She nods and yells out Trystian name. A few seconds later Trystian appears with his backpack in his hand. He smiles at me, "Are you ready Ken?" He asks while coming in to give me a hug.

God, I have really missed his hugs. I nod, "Yeah, how about you?"

"Yeah lets go," He turns his head back to the house, "I'm leaving now, bye!" I smile at him and we make our way to his car. We get in and soon we are driving out of the driveway.

He tells me all about everyone at New York. This is the topic all through out the ride, but I honestly I'm barley paying attention to him. A lot of things are on my mind one of them being Hunter. I can't help think about how he is going to react when he finds out that Trystian gave me a ride to school. I know I shouldn't care but I seriously can't help it. My mind travels back to the text he send me, you are going to regret that you slapped me I will make sure of that. I know he will and that scares me, a lot.

"We are here, Ken," Trystian says breaking me out of my thoughts. I smile at him and get out. As soon as I get out people are looking at me. Most of them with a confuse or a sorry expression.

I know it will be rude to just leave Trystian all alone, especially since it's his first day here, "Do you need help getting to the office?" I ask, hoping on the inside he will say no. Call me mean or whatever but I truly do want him to say no.

He smiles brightly, "Yeah, will you mind?" I mentally groan and roll my eyes. He knows I will never mind because I have always been "helpful".

I put on a fake smile, "No of course not," I tell him and begin to walk, indicating him to follow me. I am thankful he parked in another side of school not in the front, where I usually get dropped off. I takes a few minutes to reach the office from the part of the school we are in. After pushing and shoving through student we finally reach the office, "Here it is," I tell him pointing to the office.

He smiles, "Thanks, Ken, will you mind waiting for me?" Of course I will Trystian.

"Nope, but can you please hurry up, I'm going to be late for class," I tell him trying not to sound impatient. He nod and goes inside the office. I am now awkwardly standing in the middle of the hallway waiting for Trystian to come out of the office.

Suddenly I felt two hand wrap around my waist. Lips are brushing against my ear and in a low whisper, "So I heard that you are going around school with some asshole," Is said. The person I have been trying to avoid now had me in his arms, litterly.

Trystian comes out of the office smiling, "Okay Ken, we can go now," He says not looking up from his schedule.

Shit, I am so dead!