[ch. 2]

sorry for these slow updates been a tad busy but enjoy this chapter (:
-

After class I walked into the hallway and was pulled into a corner by Michael who looked furious and scared.

"Michael don't scare me like that.." I said looking up into his green eyes that seemed to be full of fear.

"Me scare you?" He asked with a laugh, "You scared me, were you not here in science or something? You're sitting by Luke Hemmings and I told you he was dangerous. Did you even see the way he touched you?!" He asked furiously.

"I did but I just, I don't know what happened I couldn't stop staring at him.." I admitted looking down at my feet.

"That's how he pulls you in Lana damnit, just stay away from him and ignore him please. I don't want you getting hurt." He begged pouting. I placed my hand on his shoulder and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Okay I'm sorry, I'll stay away from him." I reassured him but I couldn't promise him, I didn't know if that was a promise I'd be able to keep.

"Promise?" He asked and I felt guilty on the inside because I knew I was going to promise him something I couldn't.

"I promise." I said as he gave me a big hug and smiled at me warmly.

We began walking to Michael's locker so he could put his books away before we walked home. He threw his books in his locker as we began to head out of the school and to my house. Michael would joke with me and always pick me up and carry me half way to my house by a piggy back ride and he'd do it because he felt like it.

"Michael," I giggled as I was slung over his shoulder holding onto his backpack so I didn't slip and fall. "Put me down." I laughed. He shrugged and let go of me and let me fall before he caught me and I squealed before punching him in the shoulder.

"You said let go." He laughed.

"Don't be a smartass Clifford." I scolded him now crossing my arms.

"Fine I'll be a handsome ass instead." He argued and I groaned.

"Michael shut the hell up." I mumbled, he set me down once we got to my house and I ran through my front door.

I grabbed an apple while I threw Michael an orange as we sat on the couch to watch tv. I heard running and mumbling down the stairs as I saw my dad dressed up in a suit as he fixed his watch on his wrist. He was rushing around the house looking for his shoes and everything.

"Lana have you seen my car keys?" My stepdad Vic asked me, they were on the table and I tossed them over to him as he caught them. "Alright, I'll be back in a week." He said walking over and giving me a kiss on my head, I made a disgusted face.

"Wait where are you going?" I asked looking up at him.

"A small business trip, don't worry your mom will be back from the bank soon. You two need to bond a little." He said, I groaned when he mentioned that, my mom and I don't really see eye to eye. She doesn't even like Michael because she believes that he's a bad influence.

"Vic she can't stand me." I mumbled crossing my arms.

"That's not true, she may not like your decisions but she loves you." He said walking over to the door and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I said slouching into the couch.

"Have fun and be good." He said leaving the house as the door shut.

"I'm going to be stuck with my mom for a whole week, great." I complained to Michael and he chuckled lightly.

"Oh Lana your mom isn't, eh, that bad.." Michael said trying to even convince himself that my mom wasn't so bad, but she was. "Okay your mom scares me, I mean she hates me." He admitted.

"She hates everyone Michael." I groaned running my fingers through my hair.

"It seems like she hates me the most, she always questions my look." He said gesturing to his outfit he wore today.

"I know Michael, she just thinks you're a bad influence." I laughed and he looked over at me and scoffed.

"I am not a bad influence, if anything I'm a great one." He argued crossing his arms.

"Says the one who got stuck in the kiddy slide at the park for trying to prove a six year old wrong." I mumbled and Michael groaned.

"Shut up Lana, I didn't think my fat ass would get stuck in the slide." Michael scoffed.

"But it did, your ass was literally stuck in the slide!" I laughed uncontrollably as Michael rolled his eyes.

I heard the front door open and there stood my mother talking on her phone and she didn't sound happy. "I'm not happy David, I'm not happy!" My mom shouted into her phone. Michael gave me a look and gulped.

"I think she's in a bad mood.." Michael whispered to me. Once she finally hung up she gave Michael and I a glare and walked into the kitchen.

"Vic left for his business trip." I told her and she rolled her eyes and huffed.

"Hi Mrs. O'Donald, lovely to see you." Michael said nervously chewing on his bottom lip.

"Michael I don't like you." My mom flat out told him, and Michael knew she didn't like him either.

"Understandable.." Michael mumbled now standing up to grab his backpack. "We'll I'll just be on my way home now." Michael said giving me a hug and walking towards the door. He waved me a goodbye before leaving my house and my mom sighed.

"Finally, I thought he'd never leave." My mom said now scrolling threw her phone.

"What has Michael ever done to you mom?" I asked, I hate how rudely she talks about my friends and right to me too.

"Nothing, I just don't like the way he expresses himself. Dying his hair all the time, tattoos, piercings, and his language is awful." She said listing off all the things that bothered her about him.

"I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't talk poorly about my friends." I snapped at her and she looked up at me for a second before glancing back at her phone.

"Then make better friends Lana." She snapped right back, I took a deep breath and just stormed upstairs not wanting to talk to my mom any further. I slammed my door and laid down on my bed.

-

who else dislikes lana's mom??

nicole xx