[ch. 5]

I was all dressed and ready (not really) for my date with Luke, and but not ready I mean I was sweating in my lacy top that I wore with my pencil skirt. I was so nervous, I mean I don't even know him and everyone keeps warning me and telling me to stay away from him but that just the thing. I can't stay away from him. I'm curious to know why he's dangerous, maybe he isn't but he seems like it.

My phone buzzed and it was an unknown number that had texted me, saying they were outside waiting for me and that's when I realized it was Luke's number. I took a deep breath and headed out of my bed room to see him downstairs chatting with my mom. My face grew hot as he listened to my mom but kept looking me up and down making me feel self-conscious about myself.

"Thank you Mrs. O'Donald for allowing me to take your beautiful daughter out tonight. I'll have her home before midnight." Luke said and I was taken back at his polite gesture to impress my mom.

"Oh keep her out as late as you'd like, I know she'll be in good hands with you." My mom said with a smile and I froze on the spot. Did she just tell him he could keep me out as late as he wants to?

"Thank you, it was a pleasure seeing you again Mrs. O'Donald." Luke said grabbing my hand and walking me out the front door.

"Like wise Luke." She said back now waving us a goodbye as she shut the door.

Luke bent down so his hot breath hit my neck as he chuckled lightly, "I can't wait to get you out of that tight skirt." He said almost as if he was growling in my ear.

I laughed, "That's so not happening." I objected, he rose his eyebrows at me and gave me a look with a smirk.

"Oh really?" He asked now backing me up that my back hit his car as he towered over me. "How about now?" He taunted and I swallowed hard not knowing what to say next.

"You, you don't scare me." I said shaking on the inside as his cold blue orbs stared down at me while I bit the bottom of my lip.

"Just get in the car." He said gesturing for me to getting into the passenger side as he held open the door for me. Climbing into the front seat I got in with not problem as he shut my door and went around the other side to get in and started the car.

It was a silent ride half way to the restaurant he was taking me to, which I had no clue what the name of the place was. I felt cold hands being placed on my inner thigh as I looked over at Luke who seemed pleased by his actions.

"So Lana, how old are you?" Luke asked randomly just trying to make small talk.

"Um, seventeen." I answered giving him a look, "And you?" I asked him back and he began to shift in his seat.

"Twenty." He said with a shrug and I blinked a couple of times not sure if I believed him or not.

"Twenty?" I questioned looking at him like he was lying, "But you're in a senior class." I said not able to believe this.

"I'm really nineteen, I'll be twenty soon." He said and that seemed more believable than him being twenty.

"So did you get held back or something?" I asked him and he nodded with a shrug as he laughed it off.

"Something like that, I guess you could say I got held back last year." He said now moving his hands further up my thigh causing my breath to hitch in the back of my throat. "You'll probably ask why so here it is. I hardly showed up to school, maybe once every week. Never did homework and failed out of all my classes, so my mum told me it was either retake all my classes and graduate or go to a juvenile detention center. So graduating is was." He chuckled at the last sentence he said and I looked at him wondering what all he did to have his mom even think about putting him into a juvenile detention center.

"Why were you going to a juvenile detention center?" I asked and that question seemed to bother or make him uncomfortable since he shifted in his seat and bit his lip.

"Let's not discus that right now." He said turning left into a parking lot as he began to park his car. He got out and came over to my side opening my door and holding out his hand for me to take. I reached for his hand as he pulled me out of the car and placed his hand on the small of my back while he locked his car. We crossed the street to a nice and cute little diner, as we entered the smell of fresh coffee and food filled my nostrils as my stomach began to growl.

A nice lady came to help us and seated us in the back of the diner as she smiled at Luke and he smiled back. "Is this your girl Luke?" The lady asked and Luke sorta gave her a side smile.

"I hope she will be soon." He replied to her and I felt my face become hot from his words.

"You've found a good boy my dear, I've known Luke since he was six years old. He's like the son I've always wanted." She said tearing up a little and I was touched by how much he meant to her, they must be close. "Now see here Lucas, you treat this girl with respect, you hear?" The lady said scolding him and I began to blush as Luke looked quiet flustered.

"Trust me Hilda, I will." He said knowing the lady's name which was Hilda.

"That's my good boy." She cooed pinching his cheeks, "You want your usual?" She asked and Luke nodded putting up two fingers as Hilda left our table and went into the kitchen.

"How do you know her?" I asked, I felt like I was prying in on his personal life but I am only curious.

"When I was little she use to be my babysitter, ever since then she's been like family to me. She always took me with her everywhere, it was like I could forget about everything that happened every time she took me places. She said they were memories from when she was a little girl, and she shared her memories with me and I felt special." Luke explained and I realized that he had a soft spot about his past.

"That's so nice of her, she seems very sweet." I smiled running my fingers through my hair.

"She is," He beamed at me with a slight smile, "She's the only person I have left who believes in me and isn't against me.." Luke mumbled trailing off before running his fingers through his hair with a deep sigh.

"What do you mean the only one who isn't against you?" I questioned and he gave me a look like the question I had just asked was too personal and that i should drop it.

"You question a lot of things don't you?" He chuckled lightly now staring at me like he sees something amazing.

"I'm just curious.." I mumbled with a shrug trying not to make eye contact with him.

"Mmm." He hummed now playing with his lip piercing, "Your curiosity is going to lead you into trouble." Luke said as he rested his elbows on the table.

"No it won't." I defended crossing my arms.

"I believe it already has, love." He said in a low voice that made me shiver when those words left his mouth.

I knew Luke Hemmings was trouble, I just never knew how much until now.

-

why do you guys think luke is dangerous?

nicole xx