[ch. 28]

I woke up to Luke not laying next to me, looking around I saw the bedroom door was open. I got up and walked tiredly downstairs and was greeted by Ashton who was watching an action movie that he seemed to be really getting into. I walked into the kitchen and of course Harry was in there making himself a bowl of cereal, and eating a banana. Typical.

"Have you guys seen Luke by any chance?" I asked them and they both looked at me like they hadn't a clue as to what my question was. "Guys?" I pushed a little, Harry looked down and continued to eat his cereal while Ashton whistled while turning his attention back to the tv.

I groaned and started to head out to the backyard where the pool is, as I was about to open the door to go outside I felt a toned body collapse on top of me as I hit the floor with a groan. "You can't go outside!" Ashton shouted as he was still laid on top of me.

"Why not?" I groaned as he began to get up and sit on the floor where I was laying. Ashton looked over at Harry who looked like he'd seen a ghost, his eyes widened as he bit down on his bottom lip. "Hello?" I asked irritated.

"Because-" Harry trailed off.

"Because we forgot Luke's birthday!" Ashton shouted out and I was shocked, not even I knew it was his birthday.

"It's his birthday?" I asked and the boys nodded. "Well why didn't you say so!" I panicked as I rushed quickly up the stairs to find something to wear so I could go out and buy Luke a present.

I kept searching and throwing my clothes everywhere and I found absolutely nothing. After about five minutes of giving up and laying in my pile of clothes I finally found something to wear. It was my light blue high waisted shorts with a plain black crop top with my red flannel tied around my waist. I grabbed my black converse and slid them on quick before rushing into the bathroom to do my hair.

Searching for a headband I came across a white bandana, perfect! I tied that around my head and threw my hair up into a high messy ponytail and took one last look in the mirror before running back down the stairs to see the boys where I left them.

"Alright Ashton you come with me to the store to get Luke a present and Harry-" I said with a pause as he waited for me to tell him what he'd be doing. "-decorate the house please." I said quickly as I grabbed Ashton's wrist and yanked him outside to his car.

"Wait I'm not dressed, I look like I just woke up.." Ashton complained. He wore sweats with a tank top, his hair was all over the place and he had on converse.

"Lots of chicks dig that." I reminded him and he began to smirk.

"Really?" He blushed looking at himself in the mirror and grinning.

"Ash get in the car dude." I said and Ashton got into the car. He started it up and began to back out of the driveway and head to the store.

"I'm assuming you want to go to the mall?" Ashton asked and I nodded. "Alrighty then." He spoke cheerfully as he put on his sunglasses.

We drove for quiet awhile since we couldn't find a parking spot, Ashton was getting a tad frustrated with the fact of not finding a place to park the car. He kept growling whenever someone in front of him took the spot he wanted.

He groaned, "Can you people move any slower!" He shouted becoming irritated. That's when Ashton sped around someone and took the spot they wanted and got out of the car. "And that's how it's done." Ashton smirked now locking up the car as the two of us headed into the mall.

I thought of a store we could go into to find something that Luke would like but just couldn't think, I just wanted to get him a gift, one that he likes. Once I found a shop I yanked Ashton with me and quickly hurried in there. I searched the whole store looking for something Luke might like but I found nothing. Until I saw a necklace with a surfboard on it and thought that would be the perfect gift.