epilouge

It's been a crazy last seven years, it's like time flew by so quickly I hadn't even gotten time to do everything I wanted. I had finished high school with Michael and Calum before the three of us went our separate ways. Calum chose his path as he went off to play professional soccer, one of his life long dreams that he finally made come true. Michael went to college to design video games that people all around the world get to play, since all he did during school was play on the Xbox. I was so proud to see what we've all accomplished, Luke works at a music shop teaching the kids who can't afford music lessons how to play the guitar.

I stood in the living room looking at the pictures I had put up, the years go by so  fast I missed being in high school. But I couldn't be happier at how my life turned out.

"Mom!" I heard my name being yelled from upstairs, I smiled knowing it was Tate. "Mom, we have a situation!" He yelled once again, rushing up the stairs I see him doing the potty dance and trying to take off his little belt that kept his pants up. He was pulling it tighter instead of loosening it.

I helped him undo his belt and he went to the bathroom, he was still trying to use the bathroom on his own though he still needs help on the little things, like his belt for example. He can't reach the sink so Luke or I have to hoist him up and help him wash his hands. He usually needs help tying his shoes tighter since he ties them loosely.

"Thank you mommy." He said running up to me and hugging me before he gave me a big kiss and hugged me again.

"You're welcome baby." I carried him down the stairs though he may be too old to be picked up but he's my baby and he won't be little forever so I will hold him as long as possible. I set him down just as the doorbell rang, he ran up answering it before he got scooped up into a big embrace.

"Papa!" Tate shouted with excitement, Vic (or dad I should say) is always visiting and I love it how much he wants to be in our sons life.

"How's my champ?" He asked Tate who responded with showing off his little muscles but if he's like his dad then he's bound to get muscles.

"Good. When daddy gets home I get to watch Cars with him and mommy." He said, lord knows how many times we've seen that movie since he watches it every single day.

"What are you going to be for Halloween champ?" My dad asked, Tate's face lit up at the question of topic.

"A police man." He answered excitingly. He's been changing his costume idea since the month started. First it was a firefighter, then it turned into a race car driver, then an Indian, a power ranger, to a ninja turtle and now it's a police man.

"Saving the city, or local trick-or-treat candy thieves." My dad laughed about his own joke, Tate didn't understand but laughed anyways since Vic was laughing. He set Tate down as he ran to the toy room leaving my dad and I alone. "I'm so proud of you Lana." He said brushing the back of my head. "Look at what you've become, a strong young lady that I'm proud to call my daughter." He whispered.

Okay, that hit me hard in my heart, I think I'm about to cry. No, no– fuck. "Thank you dad." I cried giving him a big hug.

Vic didn't stay very long after he had arrived knowing that Luke and I had plans tonight with Tate. Luke wanted it to be a surprise so of course I don't know what we're doing. I see Luke's car pull up into the driveway as he got out shutting the door. Tate came out of the toy room and stood on the arm of the chair like he always does when Luke comes home. Luke entered the house and set down his keys in the bowl and walked towards me.

"There's my gorgeous wife." He coped picking me up and spinning me around and he pressed his lips to mine for a short and sweet kiss. Luke knew Tate was on the arm of the couch every time he came home so he acted like he didn't know he was there.