[ch. 21]

The look Ashton gave me made me nervous, he looked at me but then back down at his food acting like he doesn't know anything.

"Ashton," I said drawing his attention back to me. "Where's Luke?" I asked politely and all he did was stare at me like he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Ashton." Harry demanded crossing his arms.

"Alright." He gave finally throwing his hands up, "Luke went upstairs, said he didn't want to be bothered." Ashton explained and I began to go towards the stairs. Harry tried to grab my hand to stop me but I kept going until I reached the room I was staying in.

There laid Luke with his back facing me and I didn't know if he was sleeping or not. "Luke?" I whispered, he shifted and turned to look at me but then turned his back to me once again. "Luke.."

"Lana go back downstairs." He demanded with a deep tone.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned with why he was acting like this.

"Lana." He said with a growl turning around to look at me. "Go downstairs, now." He said darkly which caused chills to go up my spine, but no matter I stood there and crossed my arms at him.

"No." I said with a little sass and Luke rose his eyebrows at me. He stood up and walked over to me as my back hit the door and his tall frame looked down at me.

"No?" He questioned looking down at me, I bit my lip afraid to look up at him knowing he was angry. "Say it again." He threatened putting his one hand next to my head making my breath hitch in the back of my throat.

I was tempted to say it but was afraid to not knowing what Luke would do. I opened my mouth about to say something when Luke pressed his body against mine. "Luke." I gasped not sure what to say.

"I told you to go downstairs." He growled at me, I didn't know why he was behaving like this, it isn't like him.

"Luke you're scaring me.." I whimpered looking into his eyes which were a deeper and darker blue than usual. He looked at my face and his grew soft as his eye color grew lighter.

His eyes went wide as he stepped away from me, "Lana I.." He started off but then hadn't a clue as to what to say to me. He stepped towards me and I flinched backing all the way up as far as I could against the door.

Before he could say anything I ran downstairs and ran towards the game room. I was about to enter when I collided a built body that sent me down to the ground. I had realized Ashton was blocking the door and began to help me up. "You alright?" He asked me, but I wasn't even paying attention to him. I was still in shock from what happened with Luke upstairs.

"Lana?" I heard my name being called, turning around I saw it was Harry and I ran into the room and hugged him tightly before I began to sniffle.

"Do you know what happened?" Ashton asked Harry and I felt him shrug.

"No." He answered Ashton who closed the door and sat down on the couch while Harry began to sit down on the floor and I did as well.

"What happened?" Ashton asked me. I looked down into my lap and sighed. I was about to tell him when a loud knock was heard against the door.

"Lana?" A sad voice cooed at the door, "Lana baby I'm so sorry." I knew it was Luke, clearly he was the only other person who wasn't in here.

Ashton got up and opened the door to see Luke with a sad expression on his face. Ashton grabbed Luke by his shirt and slammed him against the wall, I let out a gasp. "What did you do!?" Ashton snapped at Luke who was startled by Ashton's actions.

"You let her upstairs after I specifically said I didn't want to be bothered." Luke huffed pushing Ashton away from him.

"That didn't mean you had to do whatever you did to her!" Harry argued trying to defend Ashton who was defending me.

"I didn't mean to I was just, angry.." Luke trailed off clenching his fists at his side.

"At who?" Ashton asked.

"At me!" Luke snapped running his fingers through his hair. He sighed, "I was mad at myself.." He mumbled sliding down the wall and brought his legs to his chest as he began to hug them.

"Why?" Harry asked. Luke looked up as his jaw clenched.

"I don't know I just- god damnit, I just don't know Harry.." Luke said becoming mad again as he slammed his fist onto the ground.

"Come with me bud." Harry said walking over to Luke as the two of them walked out of the room to talk.

"I'm so sorry you had to see him like that Lana." Ashton apologized now sitting in front of me on the floor.

"Why was he acting like that?" I asked only curious to know why the sudden change in behavior.

"Listen, Lana," Ashton sighed running his fingers through his hair. "Luke isn't good with his feelings and when he wants to talk about them he just can't and it makes him angry and want to be left alone so he can figure them out." Ashton explained to me and I looked down into my lap.

"Oh." Was all I could say, I wasn't even sure I knew what to say.

"He'll be alright, if he snapped at you or anything he didn't mean it. He was just angry with himself." Ashton said reassuring me and I gave him a weak smile before standing up and heading upstairs.

I went to go get ready and finally laid in bed. I was on my phone for just a little before my eyes started to get heavy. I heard the door creak open and knew it was Luke since he's the only one who stays in here with me. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep to avoid conversation right now.

"Lana, are you still up?" He whispered quietly, he sighed deeply before I felt the bed shift and arms around me. "I'm so sorry I scared you today, I didn't mean to act like that it's just," he paused and moved around so he'd get comfortable. "It's complicated.." He mumbled.

I stayed put trying not to make any noise or say anything to him because then he'd know I wasn't actually sleeping and he could get madder. I felt his lips against my head as he cuddled into me.

"You're just very special to me that's all baby.." He said before the both of us fell asleep.

-

hmm idk what this was tho sorry :/

nicole xx