[ch. 29]

I just stood there as Harry helped Ashton up and got him an ice pack for his jaw. "So much for his stupid birthday." Ashton groaned placing the ice pack on his jaw.

"I'm so sick of lying Ashton." Harry spoke slamming his fist onto the counter.

"What did you lie about?" I asked curiously and when Ashton gave Harry a look I knew I wasn't going to like what I was about to be told.

"Harry don't-" Ashton tried but Harry ready began to open his mouth.

"It's not Luke's birthday and it never was, we only said that because someone was over here yesterday and Luke made him a deal and didn't want you to find out. I'm sorry I lied." Harry said as he walked out of the room and into the game room shutting the door.

Ashton sighed heavily, "Lana-"

"Who did he make a deal with? What was the deal? Why did you lie to me?!" I questioned him angrily with clenched fists. Ashton stood behind the counter running his fingers through his hair before he sighed.

"Look Lana, I'm not suppose to tell you I'm sorry.." Ashton shrugged and I hated when people do that, it's very noncommittal gesture.

"I have the right to know now, you guys talked about it while I was standing right here!" I shouted growing frustrated with all of this.

Ashton groaned, "Damn you Lana.." I felt a smirk creep onto my face knowing he was about to tell me everything."It was Michael he was talking to out back this morning. Luke made a deal with him and told him he'd turn himself in but in return no harm must come to you. They shook on it and now they're just patiently waiting for Luke to turn himself in." My facial expression became sad, hurt, broken. I couldn't lose Luke, no I won't let this happen.

"He can't do this!" I shouted yanking at my hair as I began to shake. Ashton started to step towards me and I backed away, "No!" I cried out running upstairs to the bedroom.

I startled Luke who immediately got up and ran towards me holding me close to him. "Baby I'm sorry, this is for your own protection. Okay?" He spoke softly as I felt him start to breath heavily.

"No it's not okay, Luke you can't leave me please..." I begged holding onto him tightly. He pressed his lips to my forehead and sighed.

"Lana I don't ever want you to think I'm going to leave you, I'd never do that." He told me and I pushed him away from me.

"You are right now Luke!" I shouted at him as I began to back away from him, "They're going to kill you if you turn yourself in.." I mumbled as my heart began to ache at the thought of Luke being killed.

"I know but I'm not trying to leave you Lana. I'm trying to protect you." Luke explained cupping my face in his hands.

"You can't do this Luke," I cried out putting my head down, "I love you."

"I know baby.." He mumbled kissing my forehead. "I'm doing this because I can't lose you." He said sternly.

"But I can lose you? No Luke that's not how this will go, I deserve a say in this!" I shouted becoming angry about all this. My emotions were all over the place and I just couldn't control them all at the moment.

"I know you're angry about this but I can't risk putting you into danger anymore. I'm going to keep you safe damnit, no matter what." Luke said holding onto my face closely to his. "You mean everything to me Lana.." He spoke softly now trailing his hands down to my waist.

"But Luke I-"

"Let me show you." He said cutting me off while looking deeply into my eyes as I did his.