[ch. 33]

Lana

I felt my head pounding with the lack of oxygen I had, the tank was almost to the top and I took one last breath before I was out of oxygen to breath. I felt light headed and pounded on the glass but I knew it wouldn't do much. I heard a gun shot and the sound of braking glass before I lost my breath and began to black out. I felt myself get cut and I was still physically here but I was passed out.

"Hey, no, no Lana, look at me please." I heard someone beg as I felt like I was being held. "Lana, please wake up.." The pleading became more desperate. I finally came to and saw hazel eyes staring at me. "Oh thank god!" I heard him say as he hugged me tightly.

"Ashton?" I asked finally getting a better look at his features. It was defiantly him and he just couldn't stop hugging me, he just held me super close to him and stroked my hair.

"C'mon, let's get you to a hospital.." Ashton said scooping me up in his muscular arms. I just laid my head on his shoulder as we began to walk out of the room.

"Not so fast." I recognized that voice anywhere, of course it was Marc. "Now put her down, or you both die." Ashton tensed up before kneeling on one knee and setting me down on the ground slowly. I heard Marc chuckled before I heard a gunshot.

Looking around Ashton hadn't gotten shot, nor did I. It was Marc who was laid on the floor gripping his shoulder that was bleeding, and standing behind him was Michael. "Go, get out of here, keep her safe." Michael instructed Ashton who did as Michael told him to.

"Michael-"

"It's okay Lana, go be safe.." Michael mumbled before another gunshot went off and I saw Michael fall to the ground instantly.

"Michael!" I shouted trying my best as I could to use all my strength to get out of Ashton's hold. "Go back, please!" I begged with a whimper but Ashton kept running, he didn't stop. I began to cry and I felt him tense up but still kept going.

I had felt Ashton stop running and calling for help, that's when I realized he had ran all the way to the nearest hospital as I was laid down on a gurney with nurses shinning a flashlight in my eyes and checking to see if I was okay.

"Her blood pressure is low, we got to get her stable." A nurse said as they began to wheel me back to a room. I heard Ashton's footsteps follow knowing regardless that he'd refuse to leave my side.

I heard another voice that I recognized and sat up seeing it was Harry and he had a sad and hurt expression on his face. The nurses kept trying to lay me down but I kept my focus on Harry the whole time as he talk to Ashton. I saw Ashton slump his shoulders and hang his head down, it worries me that I hadn't a clue to what they were talking about. Then it hit me, it had to be Luke.

Squirming out of the nurses hold I got off the gurney and ran towards the boys, falling from how weak I was Harry and Ashton had helped me up. "Lana you need to go lie down.." Harry instructed me as Ashton stood behind Harry like he was trying to hide something from me.

"Where is Luke?" I asked, both of them froze and wide eyed me before I asked again, "Where is he?" I asked. Again, no answer.

Nurses and doctors ran from around the corner panicking like they were losing a patient and getting them to the OR room. That's when I had noticed who the patient was and my eyes began to fill with tears, Ashton tried to hide the scene from me but I fought with everything in me to see it.

"Lana-"

"Luke!" I shouted out to him, I watched as they got out the defibrillators and cleared Luke to try and get his heart to start back up, crying harder once I saw how pale he was becoming I began to yell for him. "Stop you're killing him! Luke!" I shouted, the nurses and the boys tried to get me back into the room but I kept fighting.

"Sweetheart you need to lay down." A nurse said to me, I ignored her.

"Stop he needs me! Luke!" I shouted while I was bawling my eyes out. I felt a sharp pinch in my arm and started to feel numb as I was being carried by Harry back into the hospital room I was in. "No, Luke." I cried even harder, the nurses and Ashton tried to calm me down but it just wasn't working. I started to feel all drowsy after awhile, my eyes started to close as I finally had stopped struggling.

-

I opened my eyes slowly as I turned to look at my surroundings. I was still in the hospital, I felt a tight grip on my hand and when I looked over I was shocked to who I saw. When he looked up at me I was pulled into a warm embrace that I began to hug back while some tears fell from my eyes.

"Thank goodness you're alright Lana, you had me so worried about you." He told me while wiping a tear away with his thumb.

"Really? I thought you'd never notice that I had left..." I admitted bowing my head down.

"What type of father figure would I be if I hadn't contacted the police and had a search party look for you?" He asked and I kinda shrugged not knowing how to answer that question, "I had finally gotten a word from Calum telling me you were in the hospital because of some car accident..." He explained, Calum had lied to save my ass along with not worry Vic too much as well.

"Yeah.." I sighed, it was an accident, a bad one at that.

"I was so worried we had lost you Lana.." Vic sniffled pulling me in for yet another hug, I gave him a hug back and realized that he's been a great father figure this whole time and I just never took the time to notice it.

"Dad?" I asked, Vic looked startled by me referring him to dad instead of Vic. "I want to come home.." I said, a tear left his eyes as he nodded with a smile on his face.

"Of course sweetheart, you can come home." He said giving me a kiss on my head. When I heard a knock on my door I looked over to see who it was and again I was surprised.

"Could I have a moment alone with her?" He asked my dad, Vic nodded and left leaving him and I together.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"To say I'm sorry, I should've been a better friend and none of this would've happened. I'm so sorry I was promised nothing would happen to you and then when it did I couldn't do anything about it because Marc knew I was going to go save you so he locked me in a closet until Ashton let me out.." He explained, he had bowed his head and I smiled at him.

"I knew you felt bad, I saw it in your eyes. I know this because we've been best friends forever Michael," I said putting a hand on his shoulder, "I forgive you." I said, Michael looked up at me and gave me a great big hug as we both began to sob uncontrollably.

"I've missed you so much!" Michael sniffled hugging me tighter.

"I've missed you too." I mumbled back. That's when everyone else came into the room, Ashton, Harry and Calum all smiling.

"How's my Lana banana doing?" Harry asked sending me a wink from across the room, I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Alright.." I shyly said with a shrug, that's when a question dawned upon me, "Where's Luke?" I asked, everyone's eyes went wide and I knew that wasn't a good sign.

I held my mouth so I didn't scream out in pain and that's when everyone rushed to my side, "He's not dead, Lana I promise." Calum said wrapping his pinky around mine to reassure me.

"He's just in a lot of pain from surgery.." Ashton mumbled, I sat up and began taking off the wires attached to me while the boys looked at me like I was crazy.

"Um Lana?" Harry questioned but said nothing more when I stood up.

"Take me to him, please." I said, Ashton let me wrap an arm around his neck while he escorted me out of my hospital room, and lead me to Luke's.

-

everyone is ok! do not panic!
and this book may be ending soon but do not worry, im working on a new calum hood one :)

love you all!

nicole xx