[ch. 36]

I had woken up on the couch covered up by a blanket, sadly Luke wasn't laying with me. I must've been out for hours, it's started to become dark outside already. I guess the day had went, though it upset me I didn't get to spend time with Luke while I was awake, I wanted to watch movies with him all day. I sat up and noticed a folded piece of paper with my name on it. I grabbed it and began to read it.

I hope you got your beauty rest, because now your boyfriend has given you a quest. Yes I'm rhyming, because it's a test, to see if you know these riddles till the end of your quest.

I looked around seeing no signs of Luke or the boys, but I did find a rose on the back of the couch before I continued to read on.

Your second card is in something I no longer have :-)

I thought for a second stumped for a moment, something he no longer has. His car! Setting the card down I ran outside and opened Ashton's car door and searched for the next card. I put the sun visor down and out fell another card.

Congrats, you figured it out, now check the glove compartment.

I opened it and found a red rose. My heart began to flutter as I continued to read.

Your third card is in a place where Harry always is.

I giggled and already knew it was the kitchen. Walking back inside and placing the second card and rose on the coffee table I headed into the kitchen in search for the third card. It was clear in the bowl Harry kept fruit in and of course it was by a banana. I opened the card up and smiled widely when I saw a rose fall out of it.

Lana Banana, I've gotten the honors to guid you to your fourth card. Go to the spot where you hear a splash! [ and it's not the bath lol] -H

I laughed at Harry's attempt to make a joke, though it was lame his jokes could make you laugh even if you don't want to. Walking to the backyard towards the pool I saw a card wrapped in a blanket with a rose tapped to it, I sat down on the lawn chair and opened the card after I took the rose that was tapped to it off.

Alright the others were simple, but now it'll get a bit harder baby. A place where there's a lot of holes hold your next card.

A lot of holes? What does that even mean, I shook my head and began to look everywhere that had holes. Then it hit me. Luke's room! I ran upstairs quickly (and of course tripping) before I reached his room, looking around where there were holes in the wall I saw a flower hanging out of the hole and a note taped to the wall.

I just can't seem to stump you can I? Alright, you've got six to go babygirl, you're doing great! :-)  now to find the seventh card you have to be able to have a lot of control to this game.

I looked at the words he underlined and got the riddle immediately. Rushing downstairs and setting all the cards and roses I got recently on the coffee table with the two I already had laying there. I walked into the game room and saw a card on the Xbox controller and a rose on the table the controller was on.

Figured you'd get this one real quick, alright your eighth card is in a place so neat not even I could make it a mess.

What place was the cleanest in the house? It defiantly wasn't mine and Luke's room, by far it had to be the dirtiest. Then it clicked. Ashton. I've never been in his room but I already knew it was the cleanest. I walked upstairs to his room and saw how clean and neat it was. OCD much Ash? I looked around and hadn't found the card nor the rose. I felt bad but I began to trash Ashton's room in search for the rose and card. I finally found it under his pillow, I grabbed rose and read the card that went with it.

Ashton is so going to be mad at you for trashing his room. But you've got four left, go find them without anymore hints. Good luck on your search.

I had to find four more cards that I hadn't a clue to where they'd be, I needed hints. Groaning I walked downstairs to search for the remaining cards. This house was about to be trashed, I already knew it. I searched high and low and haven't found a single card.

It's been an hour and a half and still no cards and roses, I gave up, I was laying upside down on the couch. I heard the front door open and in came the boys, Harry looked like he was about to scream but then looked at me and relaxed.

"Lana." He said walking over to me, "My house. Why is it a, what's the word I'm looking for, oh yeah. A mess?" He asked, I sat right side up and looked at him.

"I was looking for the roses and cards, I only had the last four to find and I couldn't find them anywhere." I sighed looking down at my feet. Luke chuckled and pulled out four roses from behind his back and gave me a card. I looked up at him and narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"I kind of miscounted.." Luke mumbled holding the roses out for me to take. His face was all red.

I began to open the card and read it out loud, "I'm sorry I miscounted the roses, but now that you have all twelve there's something I want you to know. There are a dozen roses you have from me, and when they die that's when I'll stop loving you." I was smiling but then lost it when I read the last line, looking up at Luke with glossy eyes he stepped towards me taking the card from my hand and intertwining them.

"Did you like it?" He asked with a smile, I sighed and held back tears knowing this couldn't have lasted forever.

"So when these roses die, you won't love me anymore?" I asked, he looked at me and wiped away a tear that fell from my eye.

"Yup." He said confidently, "And here's the best part. One of those roses are fake." He smirked looking down at me.

"What?" I questioned confusingly.

"I said I'd stop loving you when all the roses die." He explained, "How am I going to stop loving you when a fake rose doesn't die?" He said kissing me on the tip of my nose. I felt my heart beat faster at the words that left Luke's mouth.

"Luke.." I shyly mumbled not knowing what to say.

"Lana I've never felt a love so deep as I do for you, honestly. I know I'm messed up and have had problems along the way but baby I'll change for you, I'll better myself for you. I don't want anyone else to have your heart, I want to keep it safe forever. I just love you so much Lana-" He said as he got interrupted by Harry.

"He's whipped!" Harry laughed then told Luke to continue his speech.

"As I was saying, I honestly love you so much I don't know what I'd do without you. That's why I want to give you this." Luke said as he began to kneel on one knee and take out a small box. I watched as Harry got all excited smacking Ashton on his chest repeatedly. He opened the box and there was a ring inside of it, in the shape of a crown. "Now I hope there's another time I get down on one knee, but I've gotten us promise rings. And yours is a crown, because you're my queen." He said before taking it out of the box, what I didn't realize is that he had put a chain on it and put it around my neck.

"Where's yours?" I asked with a tear streaming down my face, they were happy tears.

"Around my ring finger, it's a crown fit for a king." He smirked before our lips crashed together to creat those sparks I loved.

"Awe Ashton, just imagine we'll be the best men at his wedding." Harry said in awe.

"If they get married." Ashton reminded Harry.

"Hey lads," Luke said breaking up the argument, "One step at a time." He grinned before looking down at me and smiled.

"I love you." I said to Luke wrapping my arms around his torso and burring my face into his chest.

"I love you too." Luke said back to me giving my forehead a kiss. I couldn't wait to see what the future will bring Luke and I. I guess we'll just have to find out.

-

the end.. no worries ill have an epilogue.

thank you everyone for reading! i will try to get that calum hood fanfic out soon. you guys are the best! love you all xxxxx

nicole xx