[ch. 17]

I woke up in the living room by myself, Calum must've gotten tired of playing Star Wars or Michael made him get off to leave me be. I looked at the dog tags Luke gave me and I began to miss him so much, why did I even let Michael talk me into staying here. What if something happens and Luke's not here?

I went to look for Michael but heard him talking in the kitchen. I know, eavesdropping is very wrong, but I'm not eavesdropping. I'm looking for something in this particular area while accidentally hearing the conversation. That's totally fine to do right, or is it still wrong? All well I'm already listening to the conversation.

"Yes she's with me, remember our deal?" I heard Michael say. Deal, who on earth is he talking to? "You're not to touch her understand? She needs to know she's safer with me than Hemmings, plus it'll be easier for you to take him down if he knew she was in some type of accident." I couldn't believe what I was hearing, who in the bloody hell is he talking to.

"Alright, you make a very valid point here Clifford." The voice on the other line said. Why did this voice sound so familiar? "We won't touch the girl, we'll have to bring Luke down by crushing him and telling him his girlfriend was in a terrible accident, by me. That'll provoke him to come find me and that's where it'll all end." The voice said. I gasped and quickly covered my mouth praying Michael didn't hear it.

"Make him pay from that day." Michael said in a deep, angry voice. That startled me and made me run back into the living room to grab my phone and head into the bathroom.

I locked the door and went through my contacts, I found the person I wanted to talk to and began to dial that number and hold the phone to my ear as it rang. I waited and waited for a response and thought I'd never get one until I heard a raspy "Hello."

"Oh Harry you're alright." I exclaimed in excitement.

He chuckled lightly and sighed, "Just a bullet wound, nothing I haven't dealt with before." He laughed nervously.

We began to talk for a while and I began to forget the whole reason I called him until I interrupted him. "Harry I forgot I had a reason other than making sure you were alive and breathing to call you." I said and when I replayed what I said it sound a little rude.

"I feel the love Lana banana." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes and his playful nickname for me. "But what's the other reason? Are you okay?" He asked in a panic and I sighed.

"I overheard Michael talking to someone saying they were going to tell Luke I was in an accident and they'll take him down at his weakest. They said they'll make him pay..." I said shakily as I began to hug my legs.

"Lana get out of that house, I'm coming to get you." Harry ordered and I was afraid to even leave, what if Michael does something?

"Harry I'm scared.." I mumbled with a sniffle, I didn't want anything to happen to me but I also wanted to be with someone who I knew was safe to be with.

"Lana nothing will happen to you, and if he lays his hands on you tell me and he'll never do it again." Harry reassured me, I nodded even though he couldn't see me doing that.

"Okay, text me when you're here." I said before hanging up and taking a deep breath before I put my hand on the doorknob to leave the bathroom.

As I opened the door Michael was standing there on the other side which startled me and caused me to scream before holding onto my chest. "What Lana, what's wrong?" Michael asked in a panic trying to help me but I moved away from his touch. Maybe Michael's dangerous now..

"I uh- I saw a spider!" I said shyly lying to him so he didn't get suspicious.

"A spider, where?" He asked now looking for it and I began to panic trying to think of something to say.

"I scared it away when I screamed." I said quickly with a shy smile. He gave me a confused look as I tried to walk by him so I could grab some of my clothes Ashton had gotten me, or possibly all of them.

Once I got upstairs to the guest bedroom I noticed Calum's stuff was in here. Stealing is bad but I saw his backpack and began to put five outfits in the bag along with my bras and underwear. I put my perfume and other belongs that would fit in here along with my charger. The door to the room opened to reveal a soaking wet Calum with a towel wrapped around his waist as it hung lowly on him.

"Hey Lana.." He said but then trailed off once he saw me with his backpack in hand and putting clothes into it. "Whatcha doin there Lans?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Calum I've always found you to be very understanding." I started off and he smiled as he leaned against the door frame. "So I need you to understand what I'm about to say." I said pulling him into the room and shutting the door locking it.

"Should I be scared?" He questioned with a concerned look on his face.

"No," I said quickly as he sighed with relief. "I need to leave because I'm not safe here." I said and Calum looked confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked now paying extra close attention to what I was going to say.

"Michael is making a deal with someone very bad who can hurt me." I explained and Calum still looked confused, lost even but he always looks lost.

"Why would Michael want to put you into danger?" He asked grabbing a pair of his basketball shorts and sliding them on as he took the towel from around him off to dry off his hair.

"I don't know but he's trying to hurt Luke and I can't let that happen, I have to go." I said heading for the door but Calum grabbed my arm and yanked me back towards him.

"I'll distract him so you can get out." Calum said with a warm smile and I couldn't help but hug him tightly as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

He looked dumbfounded by what just happened, "What was that for?" He asked with a slight blush.

"For being so understand and a great friend to me." I said and he smiled bringing me back for another hug.

I slung the backpack around my shoulders and began to follow Calum downstairs quietly. My phone buzzed and I looked to see a text from Harry, smiling I slid it back in my pocket and waited for Calum to go distract Michael until he gave me the sign to go. Calum went into the kitchen where Michael was and I heard the both of them talking to one another.

"Michael you and I have to GO play the Xbox." Calum said, I'm assuming him yelling go was the key word to sneak out and leave. I began to go for the door when I heard Calum tell Michael not to leave the kitchen but it was too late, he had seen me.

"Lana where are you going?" He asked me and I froze on the spot, the door was wide open and I knew Harry could probably see what's happening.

"Away from you." I said heading out of the house when Michael yanked me back in by grabbing hold of the backpack.

"No you aren't it's not safe out there!" He yelled holding me back from leaving.

"Let go of me Michael!" I yelled and Calum came rushing in.

"Michael stop it and let go!" Calum demanded in a voice that could scare you since he's never had his voice like this before.

"She's going to Luke and he doesn't deserve her." Michael snapped as I grabbed hold of the door frame trying to pull myself out of Michael's grip.

"Nor do you!" Calum snapped right back at Michael, "You've been a terrible friend towards her lately all because she's dating someone you hate. Cant you see she's happy?" Calum said pointing out the truth.

"She needs to be safe." Michael argued dragging me into the house. That's when Harry got out of the car and ran up to me.

"Let go." Harry said grabbing my hand and yanking me towards him. Calum tackled Michael to the ground so he couldn't get up as Harry and I ran to his car. Michael was swearing under the sun as I shut the door while Harry drove off.

-

oh my gosh what even?!

nicole xx